Dimming Thermostat

I’m not very familiar with that brand but it does look like it has a dim feature on it. You don’t want an on/off thermostat because then the whole bulb fixture shuts on and off throughout the day. The dimming option just dims it or brightens it which in my opinion is definitely a lot nicer. Some good options that have been tossed around on the forums are these 2 thermostat brands below. A little pricier but sometimes you do get what you pay for.

https://www.pangeareptile.com/store...MIhdPg8dKZ4wIVFJ7ACh10GgytEAAYAiAAEgIK4_D_BwE

https://www.pangeareptile.com/store...MIvsy1idOZ4wIVEdbACh3voA2DEAQYAiABEgL-o_D_BwE

But you asked if they are worth it ABSOLUTELY! Haha you won’t have to sit and worry about if your basking temperatures are getting too hot or cold if your room temperature fluctuates throughout the day.

Thanks for the links and input. Was just wondering cause I haven't seen anyone mention one when they talk about their enclosure setups.

Herpstat by Spyder robotics. They are the best of the best stats. They are Expensive as heck, worth every penny.

Ok I am back... So I bought the herpstat2... Only because I knew I would eventually have a second cham and it was not that much more to have the one that could control 2 enclosures. I really love mine. Have no complaints at all.

You could also use the second outlet for cooling. Setup a PC fan on it in cooling mode, in the off chance you are gone for a very hot day. I plan to have a Herpstat 4 in my large Viv for that reason, 1 for heat, 1 for cooling, 1 for misters and 1 for fogger :).

My Viv is pretty enclosed, so I don't want to waste water fogging if it hits 100% and the Herpstat humidity hybrid will allow me to run it at night only to 90%ish then shut it off till it falls below.

You could also use the second outlet for cooling. Setup a PC fan on it in cooling mode, in the off chance you are gone for a very hot day. I plan to have a Herpstat 4 in my large Viv for that reason, 1 for heat, 1 for cooling, 1 for misters and 1 for fogger :).

My Viv is pretty enclosed, so I don't want to waste water fogging if it hits 100% and the Herpstat humidity hybrid will allow me to run it at night only to 90%ish then shut it off till it falls below.
Cool. Yeah I have the two boys now so I am all set with both my probes for mine. And honestly I am not that good with electronics so the directions alone were hard for me to figure out just for the dimming. lol

Interesting, but how would you get it to control your mister? I'm thinking that you would just have the pump connected to it and it would just turn on when the humidity got so low? And wouldn't be like a mistking that sprayed for so many seconds every few hours?

Interesting, but how would you get it to control your mister? I'm thinking that you would just have the pump connected to it and it would just turn on when the humidity got so low? And wouldn't be like a mistking that sprayed for so many seconds every few hours?

Well, the misting function is just because it's a 4 and I need at least 3 and I will have an extra slot.

Anyway, same way as the fogger. The Herpstat 4-6 (maybe 2) has a humidity mode, with humidity scheduled, humidity sensed, and humidity hybrid.

In humidity hybrid, it will turn on only when the humidity is under a certain level at the time set. However there is alot of schedules, and I think they can overlap.

Worst case they can't, you do this.

6:58am - 7:00am Humidity Threshold = 100%
7:00am - 1:00pm Humidity Threshold = 40%
1:00pm - 1:05pm Humidity Threshold = 100%
1:05pm - 7:00pm Humidity Threshold = 40%
7:00pm - 7:02pm Humidity Threshold = 100%

With that schedule, the misters throughout the day will maintain 40%, and then when it's time to "Mist" it will, until the sensor reads 100% which it most likely won't, and even if it does from misting for a long time, those times are likely not long enough to do so.

The only one of concern would be the 5 mins, however during the 5 mins I plan to have rain not mist. I'm going to do rain with the same pump as mist (and mist some other cages that only want morning/night) using solenoid valves, that based on time will change the output device.

Back
Top Bottom