digital ther/hygro probe

alan23

i would like to know a gd digital ther/hygro probe and would like to know a good one to buy if you cud help wud b greatful thanx alan

Hello everyone, just wanted to say hi as this is my first post.

I purchased one of these off of ebay along with an extra sensor so I am able to get the hudmity/temp readings at several places within the cage. I like it because the sensors are wireless. Mount them in the cage and have the monitor anywhere within 100 feet of the sensors. You can get the readings without having to be near the cage. The sensores are completely water/weather proof.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120101095609&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002

What do the sensors look like are they big? I like the wireless but just dont have a problem walking into the cham room to check on things. But I do see some need for it if you have a large home and want to make sure the AC or something like that didnt shut off.

-roo

What do the sensors look like are they big? I like the wireless but just dont have a problem walking into the cham room to check on things. But I do see some need for it if you have a large home and want to make sure the AC or something like that didnt shut off.

-roo

They are close to 4" square. They are grey, and have an LCD screen in them that show the temp and hudmity. They come with a wired temp sensor for liquids. This feature is detachable so you don't have to use the wired sensor if you don't want too.
I like the the wireless feature cause I am nuts about checking the cage. I keep it on the nightstand next to my bed so I can see the temp and humidity anywhere I am in the room (plus I don't have to get up when I am laying down or watching tv...lol).

i use a thermo/hygro made by zilla its pretty nice but mine recently brok after only 2 mo use. its around $30 for one.

And the sensor is completely waterproof? I trashed a $25 Flukers digi therm/hygrometer with misting it...only had it two months, too. (hmm...deja vu..sounds like gonzalez's post....:p )

And the sensor is completely waterproof? I trashed a $25 Flukers digi therm/hygrometer with misting it...only had it two months, too. (hmm...deja vu..sounds like gonzalez's post....:p )

The manufacture says it is as it is designed to be mounted on the outside of a house. I haven't had any problems yet and I have been using 2 of them for the last 3 weeks with a pro-mist misting system.

I would love something like that for my pygmy tanks but something 4” square would look obnoxious in nicely planted tank and yeah I use the Flukers one too and have to be extra careful not to hit them with the mist.

-roo

Howdy,

If you want both temp/humidity to be sensed at a remote probe, here's one that isn't too pricey. http://www.beanfarm.com/store/agora.cgi?cart_id=4267408.28467*Af7H65&p_id=23008&xm=on

If you can stand to measure just the temp remotely and also measure the temp and humidity at the base panel then many of us use this one:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=21243-1308-00887GT&lpage=none I find that measuring the humidity just outside the front of my 2x2x4 screen enclosures gives me a good indication of what's happening a few inches inside. I'm really looking for big changes. My target is 40%-60% humidity and if I see it drop to 30%, I'll either increase the misting or close-up the chameleon room ventilation a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom