Digging in soil II

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon, female, not sure. I have been taking care of her for 3 days
  • Handling - Haven't handle her at all
  • Feeding - I feed her with crickets and super worms, 4-5 crickets daily, usually wakes up at 8 am eats at 10am and sleeps at 9 pm, I'm not sure what gut-loading is
  • Supplements - I have a multivitamin with d3 from the brand reptivite.
  • Watering - I mist her cage, about every 1 hour and 30 minutes, I do not see her drinking.
  • Fecal Description - Its a white and grey color mostly. It has never been tested to what I know
  • History - Pet store didnt tell me anything about my chameleon before I bought her

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - it's the zilla tropical vertical kit
  • Lighting - the heat lamp is from the zilla cage and the uvb bulb I cant remember the brand I know it's a 5.0. 8 am to 9 pm
  • Temperature - i have my thermometer a little above of the middle of the cage and it's mostly around 75-80 F. At night it goes from 68 to 70 F. I measure them with the zilla thermometer
  • Humidity - humidity lever are between 60 and 90. It wont drop lower than 60 and I after I must it it would go up to 100 for few minutes then to 90 and normally is on 80. The thermometer/humidity zilla that came with the cage
  • Plants - I am not using alive plants.
  • Placement - the cage is located on my room. There is a vent in my room and normally I have a fan on. The top of the cage is probably 4 or 5 feet away from the floor
  • Location - central Texas. Austin, Texas

Current Problem - she has been digging in earth last 2 days and I also want to know her age.

Thank you

Drop whatever you are doing right now and make her a lay bin. If you don’t she will die, not a joke. Get a bucket or medium trash bin and fill it with clean plays and add enough water so the sand will hold a tunnel. Your shooting for the sand to be as moist as the sand would be if you were building a sandcastle at the beach. Minimum bin size is 12x12x12.

She is doing that type of digging in the pic (I moved the dirt back again, since I thought she was a baby)

Attachments

• 20180821_205722.jpg
    20180821_205722.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 57
I dont have clean dirt what do I do? I cant go buy any anymore

Attachments

• 20180821_210418.jpg
    20180821_210418.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20180821_210406.jpg
    20180821_210406.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 54