Different Dragon Strand Cages?

Just got my Dragonstrand keeper XL today and I'm super pleased. Was easier to assemble than any reptibreeze I've worked with. Super light weight too :)

I've been eyeing the Atrium cages too, but I've been wondering about the size. I think it's great that it gives you more width to work with and for the chams to enjoy, but it's only 4.5" wider though you lose 6" in depth. Assuming your cham doesn't use the bottom foot of the cage, I think 24x24x30 has a bigger volume than 28.5x18x30 (I could be wrong though, my math skills aren't the best). Is the volume difference enough to matter?

I've been eyeing the Atrium cages too, but I've been wondering about the size. I think it's great that it gives you more width to work with and for the chams to enjoy, but it's only 4.5" wider though you lose 6" in depth. Assuming your cham doesn't use the bottom foot of the cage, I think 24x24x30 has a bigger volume than 28.5x18x30 (I could be wrong though, my math skills aren't the best). Is the volume difference enough to matter?

I agree with you, I'm happy with my 2'X2'X4' dragon strand cage. I guess it really comes down to preference. I don't think it makes a difference either way you go..

I agree with you, I'm happy with my 2'X2'X4' dragon strand cage. I guess it really comes down to preference. I don't think it makes a difference either way you go..

I agree. We need to get 2 more cages and was considering getting one Large cage and one atrium cage but I think we are just going with 2 more larges to keep everything the same. Either way, as long its a dragonstrand, I am happy.:D

I guess my only thought, and this appears to be the same with others....is that my Cham loves to go from side to side on his vines/branches, but doesn't do a whole lot of vertical. He utilizes maybe only the top half of his current cage (16x16x30). So I feel like he would utilize the width of the cage more than the vertical. I know they're arboreal but I feel that as pets, they don't do a lot of vertical movement (at least not mine). This is where I can see the Atrium having an advantage. Would still be interested to see someone's Atrium setup. :)

Back
Top Bottom