Differences in Repashy Calcium Plus products

techmikef

Can someone tell me the difference between the Repashy supplements Calcium Plus, Calcium Plus Lod, and Calcium Plus HyD? Should we be using one over the other for our chams? Also, How are those different from the Repashy Supercal products?

I would also like to know about the Repashy Superload?

Who uses these products? Which ones? Are there better products at a similar price point?

Sorry about tall the questions. I just want to make sure that I am providing the best possible care for my cham as I can.

Last edited:
Product use...
I use the repashy cal plus from time to time. It is an all around supplement. I personally dont believe we need to throw all the preformed vit sources into our animals at each feeding. Thats just my opinion. I do alternate it in with my vitamins schedule once or twice a month. Depending on species, I believe some here use it every feeding with good results.

Guessing info here...
Im going out on a limb here (I have not read the content labels). I think Lod means Low vit D and HyD means well... high Vit D. Could be wrong as i have not read any labels. NoD i believe means No Vit D.

Personal schedule with panthers/veileds....
I personally like using plain phosphorus free calcium (i use zoomed calcium, sticky tongue farms outdoor) at most feedings and using a product called reptivite or repashy cal plus a couple time a month. This technique is close to what the forums recommends and has worked very well for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for that reply. I was really hoping to get more responses about this, but since I didnt Ill ask a seperate question that is related.

The following products are the products that I have investigated and want to know which ones I should get:

Dinofuel
Repashy Calcium Plus
Repashy Bug Burger
Repashy Superload
Cricket Crack
Rep-Cal with D3
Rep-Cal without D3
Rep-Cal Herptivite

I am nearly ready to order my first cham and want to make sure I have everything I need before I do so. Can I please get everyone opinions on which ones I should order?

Dinofuel
Repashy Calcium Plus
Repashy Bug Burger
And You Can Use Super Pig For Color
All The Repashy Stuff I Think Is The Best
Mix Some Dino Fuels In With Your Bug Burger
And Lightly Dust ThE Bugs With Calcium Plus Daily And
Your Good To Go

its great you are getting ready in advance

I am currently using Mineral-O by Sticky Tongue Farms for the vitamin free calcium and use Repashy Calcium Plus about once a week as the vitamin product. I would NOT use the Repashy calcium plus daily as is suggested on the label.

dinofuel is a good gutload, along with fresh vegetables and fruit.
Im not a huge fan of bug burger, and crickets don't much care for it. but its not bad for roaches. I wouldn't rely on it 100% though.

here is information about what is in various different supplement products:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/174-whats-supplements-brand.html

what supplements you use /need will depend on the type of chameleon, its age and sex, what feeder prey you offer, how you gutload, the type of lighting or outdoor exposure etc

its great you are getting ready in advance

I am currently using Mineral-O by Sticky Tongue Farms for the vitamin free calcium and use Repashy Calcium Plus about once a week as the vitamin product. I would NOT use the Repashy calcium plus daily as is suggested on the label.

dinofuel is a good gutload, along with fresh vegetables and fruit.
Im not a huge fan of bug burger, and crickets don't much care for it. but its not bad for roaches. I wouldn't rely on it 100% though.

here is information about what is in various different supplement products:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/174-whats-supplements-brand.html

what supplements you use /need will depend on the type of chameleon, its age and sex, what feeder prey you offer, how you gutload, the type of lighting or outdoor exposure etc

I plan on getting a male panther. The age at this time is obviously undetermined as I havnt picked him out yet. LOL. I plan to feed it crickets and phoenix worms primarily. I will probably feed him hornworms and silkworms less frequently as well. I would love to offer him roaches as well but I have yet to find some place that I can raise roaches at the approval of my wife. LOL. Gutloading will be following one of your many awesome blog post recipes. Ive read most of them.

I will avoid the bug burger if its not something that you have found to be helpful. Do you have any takes on the cricket crack? Ive read good things about that as well.

I love all the Repashy products, personally. I own their plain calcium, the Superload, the Superpig, and the Calcium Plus (normal, for now). And I've used Dinofuel before as well. I highly recommend all of them.

I've only heard good things about Cricket Crack as well, I think that with one (or two) of these commercial dry gutloads and fresh fruits and veggies, you really can't go wrong. I also use the Superpig as gutload occasionally.

And I love how fine and sticky their plain calcium is. I haven't found that with other products. So I can coat even the smoothest roaches with it and it sticks, where other products roll right off.

Repashy has come out with a new version of Calcium Pluse for cham keepers.

It's called Calcium Plus LoD.
I have switched over to this product and dust my feeders about every other
feeding, depending on species, and natural sun exposer.

So far, so good!

So...

Ive decided to go with Repashy Calcium Plus LoD and Miner-All Outdoor. What, if any multivitamin do I need or does the Miner-All cover that?

I also am ordering some cricket crack just to get me going until I get my own gutload put together.

Any other suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks again,
Mike

good choices
the repashy will cover all the vitamin needs
the mineral will cover all the mineral needs :)

you'll still want to provide a wide range of prey types, all well gutloaded

good choices
the repashy will cover all the vitamin needs
the mineral will cover all the mineral needs :)

you'll still want to provide a wide range of prey types, all well gutloaded

My prey items will include crickets, phoenix worms, silk worms and hornworms. I will also try and offer pillbugs when I can find them in my yard. I plan on piling up some dirt under my deck to create a good place for them to nest.

Be careful with pill bugs are heavy metal bioaccumulators meaning the can consume and tolerate some levels of heavy metals that can be toxic to your chameleon. Here is one blog about them from Sandra's extremely informational helpful blogs.https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/196-terrestrial-isopods-oniscidea-porcellio-pillbugs-woodlice-rollie-pollie.html

Yep. I read that. Thats why I was going to use them. Was going to catch some and set them up in some organic dirt. Let them do their thing and then feed them off.

Back
Top Bottom