Diesel has decreased his cricket intake the last 2 days...

Hpyrok

He will readily eat Superworms but seems to be ignoring his usual cricket meals. He has normal bms and urates. He is moving about and basking normally. Any advice? Btw, I have only offered 2 Superwoms yesterday and 2 today. Thanks!

Worms can be highly addictive to chams, which is why most will feed them as treats a couple of times a week. I would recommend adding more variety to his diet, so he doesn't grow tired of eating the same feeders. You have silkworms, hornworms, roaches, butterworms, phoenix worms, etc.Also, don't be afraid to take away his food altogether for a day or two if he's being picky. They can go for weeks without eating anything as long as they are hydrating.

Hunger striking! It's normal...happens when they get bored of food. Mix it up, try some dubias, silkworms phoenix worms to mix it up. Hornworms are known to get them out of a hunger strike but don't feed too many, they can cause diarrhea due to high water content.

IMG_6465.JPG

Thank you very much!! I appreciate all your advice more than you know! I was afraid to add more variety than a few meals worms now and again. I just bought Superworms yesterday. I will go get some others today. Btw, he ate a cricket when I walked by. Such a little rebel.

Well as long as he's staying hydrated and pooping regularly, I wouldn't worry. Could be that he's just "camera shy" and won't eat in front of you.

Back
Top Bottom