Diego update from last few posts!!!

Dawniegirl

I was very worried about Diego but things seem to be looking more up now. 2 days ago he had a shower and drank his heart out. He seems stronger now and today was going around his cage more, NOT sleeping :) and drink again like a champ. He stopped sticking out his tongue and today keep trying to push it out. He got it out about 2 inches or so maybe even 3 inches once... Think he's exercising it. I attempted to give a worm and he seemed to maybe want it but I was doing the work of putting it to his mouth so maybe he didn't after all. I left the worm in his cage and let him continue what he was doing. He's also been either been to weak to eat or on a hunger strike and I think he ate maybe 5 crickets today... Okay not a lot but better then none! I should have bb flies here for him by wednesday and hopefully a few days after I get them I can give him some. I will have to continue w/ crickets and keep trying to get him to eat his butterworms. BTW any suggestions on just how many flies to put in his cage once I get them? Diego is small (at 7months he weighed 29 grams) he is 8 months old and not sure of his weight right now. Thanks!

I was very worried about Diego but things seem to be looking more up now. 2 days ago he had a shower and drank his heart out. He seems stronger now and today was going around his cage more, NOT sleeping :) and drink again like a champ. He stopped sticking out his tongue and today keep trying to push it out. He got it out about 2 inches or so maybe even 3 inches once... Think he's exercising it. I attempted to give a worm and he seemed to maybe want it but I was doing the work of putting it to his mouth so maybe he didn't after all. I left the worm in his cage and let him continue what he was doing. He's also been either been to weak to eat or on a hunger strike and I think he ate maybe 5 crickets today... Okay not a lot but better then none! I should have bb flies here for him by wednesday and hopefully a few days after I get them I can give him some. I will have to continue w/ crickets and keep trying to get him to eat his butterworms. BTW any suggestions on just how many flies to put in his cage once I get them? Diego is small (at 7months he weighed 29 grams) he is 8 months old and not sure of his weight right now. Thanks!

I'm glad he's doing much better and yes, some is better than none when it comes to food. I have never fed flies so I wouldn't know but i'd toss a few in there and see if he eats them. If he eats them all toss a couple more in until he stops. Good luck and am really glad he's feeling better. :)

Okay what the heck is this black btwn his mouth and front of his head??? Just saw this for first time and pretty sure this wasn't there 2 days ago. Ugh can't get a pic to attach. I'm not sure if its a burn or bite or something else. I will have to post pic in a couple days. Just in case should I put something on there and if so what?

Just spoke to Laurie and found out it was a nose rub! THANKS a bunch Laurie :) :) :) That was a relieve over the alternatives I was thinking that it could be and you saved me an emergency vet bill $$$ :) :) :). @Gabby thanks I think that's a good idea to only put a few cause he may not like them or want them right away. Just in case... Don't wanna have to catch too many later ;)

Back
Top Bottom