Didn’t finish shedding.. problem??

Hey everyone so my 1 year old girl cami, started her most recent shedding about a month ago but then stopped after maybe 3-5 days. Here’s how she’s looked since then and she seems fine and healthy as of right now but I have read it can constrict them if they don’t finish shedding. Any advice would be amazing thank you.
Also, You can see in the first picture that her skin is dry on one side which shows how much she shed a month ago. She also laid a clutch of eggs a couple weeks ago so that’s why she’s lookin a bit skinny rn
I know it could be a humidity thing too but this has never happened and I always keep the humidity around 50%.. is that too low??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 86
@Beman I am sending some issues with husbandry here. As with UVB. She looks like she is gravid currently?
Hey. Yeah I mentioned she laid eggs a couple weeks ago. And I just got her a new uvb light so I don’t think that’s the cause. It’s not the one you can see in the pic that is a grow light.. her basking light broke but I’ve been keeping the heater on in my room where her cage is so the temp has been just fine and like I said uvb light is brand new. Reptisun 5.0 24inch tube light. And humidity stays around 50%, sometimes into the 40s

Hey. Yeah I mentioned she laid eggs a couple weeks ago. And I just got her a new uvb light so I don’t think that’s the cause. It’s not the one you can see in the pic that is a grow light.. her basking light broke but I’ve been keeping the heater on in my room where her cage is so the temp has been just fine and like I said uvb light is brand new. Reptisun 5.0 24inch tube light. And humidity stays around 50%, sometimes into the 40s
Okay. All good. She looks gravid.

You said..."She also laid a clutch of eggs a couple weeks ago"...how many eggs did she lay? Did she dig a hole, lay the eggs in the hole, lay her eggs and then fill the hole in?

How many insects a week were you feeding her?

To be that plump, IMHO she still has eggs inside her....and that's a problem.

Respectfully, I doubt she has any left. It was around 30 I didn’t count exactly and yes she dug a hole and did it all correctly and buried them like she’s done before. She eats 9-12. 3 feeders each feeding and I feed her 3-4 times a week

If they are overfed they can lay even more than 80.
If she's not retaining eggs then she is either fat or something else is going on from the way she looks (especially in the second photo in post #1). I hope I'm wrong.

She started to get scared and puff up a little when I opened her cage to take the pic, and she ate today and hasn’t gone to the bathroom in a day or so, so she could just be a little backed up lol. She’s no longer pregnant I can tell

If they are overfed they can lay even more than 80.
If she's not retaining eggs then she is either fat or something else is going on from the way she looks (especially in the second photo in post #1). I hope I'm wrong.
My original question on this thread was about her shedding if you don’t mind scrolling up to read it. because she started her most recent shed about a month ago and then didn’t finish it so it has me worried. Humidity stayed the same it’s always been and I’ve never had this issue

You said..."I have read it can constrict them if they don’t finish shedding"...constrictions usually only happen on feet/toes and the tail if there is a band of shed left around any of those parts.

What fixture strength and bulb strength? How far away is it from her basking branch, and how old is the bulb? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to make sure everything is tip-top!
It’s a reptisun fixture and reptisun bulb. The bulb is 5.0 uvb and I’m not sure what the fixture strength is but the bulb is the same brand and it’s compatible with the fixture size so it should ok?

It’s a reptisun fixture and reptisun bulb. The bulb is 5.0 uvb and I’m not sure what the fixture strength is but the bulb is the same brand and it’s compatible with the fixture size so it should ok?
Is it a linear or compact fluorescent (like a regular screw in light bulb) bulb? The fixture strength is important, as it tells you what strength of bulb to buy and how far away the basking branch should be. If it is linear, check the marking on the bulb, it should tell you T8 or T5 High Output. Zoo Med bulbs need to be replaced every 6 months, and a UVI Solarmeter is always recommended to check uv levels if you can afford it!

Is it a linear or compact fluorescent (like a regular screw in light bulb) bulb? The fixture strength is important, as it tells you what strength of bulb to buy and how far away the basking branch should be. If it is linear, check the marking on the bulb, it should tell you T8 or T5 High Output. Zoo Med bulbs need to be replaced every 6 months, and a UVI Solarmeter is always recommended to check uv levels if you can afford it!
Nevermind on my 1st question, I can now see it’s a linear bulb and fixture! With Zoo Med, some of their compact fixtures look like linear ones!

Yeah it’s the reptisun T8 5.0 uvb tube light. And I got a new one 2 weeks ago so it’s good for a while! And ok that’s good to know I didn’t know there was a thing to read the uv level thank you

Back
Top Bottom