Did I overload the guts??

Kipka

I have a feeling that I may have actually "over gut-loaded".

Is this even possible?

I have been feeding my crickets small slices of strawberries, carrots and lettuce.
This has made them extremely lethargic. It seems like they won't even lift themselves up to move around the cage.

I feel like I have turned them into slugs! And my chameleon seems uninterested in their lazy behavior.

Is there something better I can feed them that will stuff them, but not turn them into lifeless little bugs??

I dont know about the strawberries, but carrots are okay in moderation, and lettuce pretty much has no nutritional value.

how old are they? how warm/cold are they?
how long have they been eating only strawberry, carrot and lettuce?

Well I JUST purchased them from a local pet store two days ago. My room is always about 70 degrees. I have had them on this diet for the past two nights.

did you purchase crickets that were large? like 5 or 6 weeks old?
did you give them anything else (such as calcium powder?)
what kind of container are they in?

did you purchase crickets that were large? like 5 or 6 weeks old?
did you give them anything else (such as calcium powder?)
what kind of container are they in?

They are medium sized.
It seems like the larger one are more sedentary though.
They have calcium spray and powder.
It a small cricket tank.

If you dust the crickets when you get them, they'll just die after a few days if they can't wipe themselves clean.

Dusting crickets needs to be done just before putting in with your animal to eat them, never in the cricket set-up for days on end.

some foods have different vitamins in them and will give them more energy. while others might make them shed more thats why diversity is key maybe purchase a good gutload heads up im going to try cricket crack next because mine dont care much for bug burgger but some has had alot of luck. still offer fresh. and dont forget to give them some water man they could be dehydrated.

I wonder if you're veggies/fruits were washed clean of pesticides?

Too much moisture can create mold in the bin too...

They are medium sized.
It seems like the larger one are more sedentary though.
It a small cricket tank.

if they eat teh calicum in attempt to clean themselves, the calcium can kill them. Best to dust just prior to feeding off.

Back
Top Bottom