Did I miss his first shed? :(

I will avoid handling her, got its.
I tried superworms but she refused to eat them. And yes, I gut-load them with green mustards, apples, carrots and sometimes I add mango. So do you think I should start offering different feeders now or should I wait a bit more??
Just checked MistKing brand and they look very good! I will definitely get one of those :)
I was thinking on getting timers for the lights but I’ll prioritize some stuff like the automatic mister!
I will change the bulb, do you think a 50 watt bulb would work to get to 81-84?
Also what can I do to raise humidity during the night? Should I hand mist for some short periods of time until I go to sleep?
Great job with the gutloading. You just didn’t mention it in the form so I wasn’t sure. I would prioritize the bigger enclosure, then the mister, then the timer.

A 50 watt should be good, if it’s too hot you can always raise the fixture. I use a 60w, and it works great. Distance is the main factor in temperature.

For nighttime humidity, that’s a bit trickier. I use a humidifier, but hand-misting should also help until you get a MistKing. Also, having more plants in and around the enclosure will help a bit with humidity.
I have a question, when is a good time to add the lay bin? I’m a bit scared/nervous of missing some signs. Like should I add it when she turns 6 months? I read chameleons can start laying eggs at that age
If you get the larger enclosure before she turns 6 months, that would be a good time to add it, and integrate it into the setup better.

There are some signs you can look for, but once she has a lay bin set up I wouldn’t worry. You can also make a post if you’re not sure whether she’s gravid or not.

I hope this answered your questions!

Great job with the gutloading. You just didn’t mention it in the form so I wasn’t sure. I would prioritize the bigger enclosure, then the mister, then the timer.

A 50 watt should be good, if it’s too hot you can always raise the fixture. I use a 60w, and it works great. Distance is the main factor in temperature.

For nighttime humidity, that’s a bit trickier. I use a humidifier, but hand-misting should also help until you get a MistKing. Also, having more plants in and around the enclosure will help a bit with humidity.

If you get the larger enclosure before she turns 6 months, that would be a good time to add it, and integrate it into the setup better.

There are some signs you can look for, but once she has a lay bin set up I wouldn’t worry. You can also make a post if you’re not sure whether she’s gravid or not.

I hope this answered your questions!
Thank you!! You did answered my questions and it made me feel less scared! As soon as I get a bigger enclosure I will add the lay bin :)

Sometimes mine gets caught in the plant canopy.
I’m pretty sure some have also been observed eating their shed, but I could be wrong.
She’s finally shedding! Im waiting a little bit to turn her lights off. Is that okay? I usually turn them off at 8, but since she’s shedding idk if I should turn then off. I don’t want to stress her out

Attachments

• CF555728-033C-471E-8C05-ED239A19E065.jpeg
    CF555728-033C-471E-8C05-ED239A19E065.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 78
She’s finally shedding! Im waiting a little bit to turn her lights off. Is that okay? I usually turn them off at 8, but since she’s shedding idk if I should turn then off. I don’t want to stress her out
+1. Leave the lights on their regular schedule.

Back
Top Bottom