Did he miss us?

Boygeorge27

Avid Member
Weve just got back from a weeks holiday away we had someone stay here while we were away and the reptiles routine was exactly the same as what we would normally do. How ever boy George was really inactive (which is not like him at all) and didn't eat while we were gone the person staying here sent pictures of him as I thought he could be shedding as he does do this when he sheds but he is not in shed. As soon as we got back he was back to his Normal self roaming around and wanting to come out all the time. I've read that chameleons dont really get attached/recognize their owners how ever I believe differently has anyone else had similar experiences

Oh no he definitely recognizes you, all I’m saying is he didn't miss you.
Oh right good I'm pleased he knows I'm his mamma. Me on the other hand missed him and couldn't wait to get home to see them all. I dont really know why I go on holiday as I always worry about them and cant wait to get home to them :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I highly doubt it. I'm sure reptiles like tegu/monitors can and do, but there's no biological advantage to growing attached to another living thing as far as chams go.

Now maybe what they miss is something being out of place, they're used to you and now all of a sudden you're not there. So their environment has changed. I would compare it to the way I miss having my kitchen when I go away and don't feel like cooking like I usually do. If they were so attached to us, we'd have a lot more traumatized reptiles when we give them away/sell them. My 4 Panthers all got sent to a new home. They ate and acted as if nothing ever happened.

I highly doubt it. I'm sure reptiles like tegu/monitors can and do, but there's no biological advantage to growing attached to another living thing as far as chams go.

Now maybe what they miss is something being out of place, they're used to you and now all of a sudden you're not there. So their environment has changed. I would compare it to the way I miss having my kitchen when I go away and don't feel like cooking like I usually do. If they were so attached to us, we'd have a lot more traumatized reptiles when we give them away/sell them. My 4 Panthers all got sent to a new home. They ate and acted as if nothing ever happened.
Thank you I see what you mean :)

Back
Top Bottom