descent Temp gun?

deerharvester

Established Member
so, ive bought two cheap temp guns and they're not very accurate. Im looking to get a descent heat gun, but I don't want to break the bank. I already wasted my money On 2 of them just wanted to get some opinions.
Thanks

so, ive bought two cheap temp guns and they're not very accurate. Im looking to get a descent heat gun, but I don't want to break the bank. I already wasted my money On 2 of them just wanted to get some opinions.
Thanks

I just bought one today at a Napa auto parts store for 35 bucks and love it! It's very well made and has been accurate, granted Ive only had it for a day but it has been great ;-)

Hi,
Ill be home in about an hour and let you know. Ill take a pic of it as well. I checked a few hardware stores and several auto stores and this was the best one by far.

The one that I wound up getting is a Performance tool model W89721. (Napa Auto)

Im not sure of the other brands I looked at but this one felt the best. It has a rubberized grip and what I liked a lot mor than the others was that the display was on a slant. It actually made reading it easier. You can save a couple bucks buying online but I liked the thought of just running back to the store to return it if I didnt like it ;-)

Its an 8:1 distance to spot ratio

right around 35 bucks. All of the ones I looked at were about 29 - 39.

9544335182_2e3bcb53ea_c.jpg

9544336772_e3858e6d93_c.jpg

The last one I got was bought off of mambate On Ebay. It says its accurate +/- 2°, but when I put my thermometers in the same spot as I shoot, they're way different.

Pro Exotics (tempgun.com) has carried compact temp guns for years. I have 2 and have never had any trouble with them.

Back
Top Bottom