Depressed Panther?!

MarieMc44

So... I work 5 days a week and the only time I have to enjoy my Spike is on weekends. Especially now, I'll take him outside every Saturday and Sunday and let him free range basically all day long. He's happy as can be!! But then when Monday-Friday come around, I can only take him out for 30 minutes before the sun goes down and when I bring him back inside, he basically sits in the same spot looking sad the rest of the evening :( Could it be possible that he's sad he's not getting as much freedom as on weekends? Just curious...

what sort of light set up do you have? If your in a large screen cage with only 100watts of heat and lets say 100watts of UVB and something else, you might want to try and up the lights or upgrade your light system in general. Try to emulate the natural sun.

Just realized you posted this a year ago. . Hope your cham isnt depressed anymore

what sort of light set up do you have? If your in a large screen cage with only 100watts of heat and lets say 100watts of UVB and something else, you might want to try and up the lights or upgrade your light system in general. Try to emulate the natural sun.

Just realized you posted this a year ago. . Hope your cham isnt depressed anymore

I am planning on getting a baby Panther chameleon about 4-5". I live in Bakersfield CA and it is very dry here. I am wondering if I should start him out in a glass or screen cage. I need to keep some humidity in the cage. Are respiratory infections common with glass cage? Thanks. Also can I keep a 3 month chameleon in an adult cage with a lot of vines, like 2' x 2' x 4'

Back
Top Bottom