Dehydration

jpf

Hello! I've been working with my chameleon lately, trying to help her become hydrated. But, after days of misting, and watching her drink the water, her poops are still orange and her eyes are sunken. I mist the leaves with a hand sprayer, and have a auto mister that sprays every 2 hours ( excluding night time). Any tips? Thanks, Jacob.

Attachments

• 15261036346431792531902.jpg
    15261036346431792531902.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 15261037236251427523632.jpg
    15261037236251427523632.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 192
Fogging at night with a humidifier, I do it a couple nights a week and they stay hydrated, and its more natural because in yemen its 100% humidity at night. Running a dripper. (y):)

Fogging at night with a humidifier, I do it a couple nights a week and they stay hydrated, and its more natural because in yemen its 100% humidity at night. Running a dripper. (y):)
I've had my cham on meds so I'm trying to keep him extra hydrated. I've been using a baby syringe in the mornings to force a few drops of water in his mouth just to be sure hes getting enough. I only do it because I have him out for meds anyway. so i think it's up to how bad you think the dehydration is, and if it's worth it to stress her out more to do that. in my opinion her eyes dont look THAT sunken in, I'd try some less extreme options first. dripper in cage, making sure the feeders are hydrated before feeding them to her, fogger at night... etc

Thanks for all the replies, I will start fogging at night, as well as making sure the Crickets are hydrated. Planning I'm getting a new dripper this Sunday, so that should work! Thanks, Jacob.

With fogging at night you should figure out a schedule, do you have a timer?
speaking of which I just started fogging at night, I have it go off two hours after lights out and two hours before lights on for 30 mins each. humidity levels have stayed pretty stable that way but what kind of schedule are you using?

I’ve heard that some fog 10min every hour during the night, or on a med-low setting for 3 hours a night ( that’s what I do ) :)

I've read from other members that feeders higher in moisture can help too. Like hornworms and silkies

Back
Top Bottom