dehydrated?

franticurchin

i have had my male panther for just under a week and he has a wrinkle in his skin looks like he could be dehydrated so i mist him all the time and see him drinking but it is not getting better and now he is starting to shed could this have something to do with the wrinkle? i have a habba mist .... crap but my mist king is in the mail i have been misting by hand about 5 times a day and feed him about 10 crickets a day but he doesn't seem to be getting better i know he doesn't eat all of his food and that is y he is only getting 10 a day but he drinks all the time what could i be doing wrong? also his poo is dark brown with a bit of white on top... if you know what it is and how to fix it please help. i have done everything that i can think of

Filling out the form would be the best thing to do. However, if his urates are white and he is starting a shed that could be the cause of the wrinklyness. Orange or yellow urates are a sign of dehydration, white means he is well hydrated. My chams both get wrinkly right before a shed... As well as duller and generally more "ugly".

he drinks and eats all day so ill give it a day or two and if he still has it then ill keep you posted i just noticed it last night while he was basking and his urates are white. i should also have the mist king by then and that should help if he is becoming dehydrated.

Well if the urates are white and his eyes are not sunken in, then you might just be worrying too much! join the club!!!!! lol!!!

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - panther cross he is almost 4 months and i have had him for about a week
Handling - once a day for just a few seconds at a time
Feeding - im feeding him about ten gut loaded crickets i use carrots potatoes apples and commercial gut load
Supplements - for a vite i use rep cal herptivite with beta carotene and only used once so far. for calcium i use fluckers calcium:phosphorus at every feeding
Watering - i use a habba mist but it just drips for 60sec an hour and i hand mist for 3 min 5 times a day and he drinks all the time
Fecal Description - never been tested by me for parisites his poo has been dark brown with white on top for days
History - none he is too new

Cage Info:

Cage Type -18x18x36 3 sides plexiglass one screen and top screen
Lighting - 12 on 12 off 75w infra red basking light repti sun 5.0 uvb tube 18 inch
Temperature - two gauges one digital in the basking spot one analog about the middle two hydrometers one digital at the top one analog in the middle 68 night temp 85-90 basking 75 middle mid day
Humidity - 2 hydros one top one middle always between 40 and 65
Plants - one live umbrella tree
Placement - corner of the living room mid traffic on vents and 2.5 feet off the floor and about 6 feet at the top
Location - wa in the northwest part of the state

Current Problem - starting to get wrinkles but you can barely tell in the pick the worst wrinkle is not present unless he is laying down on a branch basking

HEVerything in your set up sounds pretty good, just a couple of things. I don't know much about using plexiglass and how much ventilation and circulation of air you are getting in there. Is it a terrarium or a tank? Are you only offering 10 crickets a day or that is all he is eating? What size crickets are you feeding? He should be eating more than 10 crickcets at 4 months. So that is why I ask, is that all you feed or all he eats? If the size of the cricket is bigger than obviously he is going to eat less. I would run the dripper til it runs out of water. running it 60 seconds does not seem like avery long time to stimulate drinking. Does he drink from the dripper or just the mistings? Get yourself a calcium with d3 besides the plain calcium. Use that one a couple of times a month. he looks healthy to me from that picture.

his eyes look healthy to me. usually when they get older they will develop wrinkles. if the urate is white, it is probably fine. if it is yellow and he is not drinking, you CAN syringe water them

yes it is a terrarium i just couldnt get the humidity up where i wanted it so i added the plexi glass the crickets are 1/2 inch and he only seems to eat about ten a day so i offer about ten plus what is left in his cage so he is eating all he want and he wont drink from the mister... that just drips piece of crap but he dose drink when i mist he is also shedding the flakes have been showing up all day... ya more color:D also thanks for all the feedback and i guess im just over worried...:) so i will just keep doing what im doing and have fun with it

He could be getting ready to shed. Some of my guys get the wrinkled look to their skin right before a shed.

Hes cute!

Back
Top Bottom