Dehydrated?

Stormy16

My baby chameleon is about 2 months old I have had him about a week and lately Iv noticed his poop is all yellow. I think this means he's not drinking enough. Am I right? He eats roughly 4-5 crickets a day and I mist his cage 4-5 times a day and I have also put a ice cube on top of his cage so it drips and he knows it's there but I don't think he is drinking from it? Any helpful suggestions I'm really worried about my little guy

All his poop is yellow, or just the urate (which should be white)? How llong are you misting for? An ice cube is not going to provide too much of a drip for very long. Where are you dripping the cube onto?

Today all his poop was yellow but I have seen it when it looks healthy. I'm misting 4-5 times a day for I guess 20seconds each time he is in an 18x18x24 cage. So I'm making sure there's plenty of water available and the ice cube just there for when I'm away briefly to make sure water is always there. I have seen Jim drink but not in the past 3 days

Oh and ice cube drips into corner of cage at end of vine so it's conveinetly located for him to get to based on his favorite spots I see Jim hanging out in

could you possibly just be seeing the urate part and the poop is hiding somehwhere in the plants or something. No, yellow poop itself does not sound normal. Now for your misting, you are not misting long enough. You should be doing that for about 3-5 minutes and getting the enclosure plants pretty much soaked. sometimes it takes quite awhile for them to get stimulated to drink. So try that. I would also suggest getting yourself a Little Dripper which can run for a long period of time to try and help with getting him to drink.

Back
Top Bottom