Dehydrated??

@MadisonSpits you asked about the supplements in your post. I want to first say I am a novice veiled chameleon keeper and only have one male.. with that said I follow what the care sheet on this website specifies (i will like it below).. pretty much BOTH of those supplements you have should be given once every two weeks BUT you need to pick up a calcium without D3 for practically every feeding. It is really important that you don't give the calcium with D3 every feeding.

If I am wrong about this someone please chime in, because I really don't want to give misinformation. This was taken directly from the caresheet:

"Calcium and other vitamins are very important to your chameleon's health. Feeder insects should be lightly dusted with powdered supplement before being fed to your chameleon. Many keepers successfully use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) at nearly every feeding, multivitamin once every 2 weeks, and calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks."

Here is the link: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

And, as others have said, and I said on the other thread. I would definitely provide her with a live plant as this helps to keep the humidity up in their enclosure and they hold onto the water droplets longer than plastic plants do. I know that walmart currently has pothos plants for only 3$ (which is totally affordable) and they are pretty hardy. I hope all of this helps. She is a beautiful little girl!

Also, and I may be getting ahead of myself here, as she is so small BUT in the future after the dehydration issue has been taken care of I would start reading around this site for information on female veiled chameleons and their egg laying practices! Have a nice night!

You need to mist your chameleon for 2 minutes at least twice a day and provideo at least 2 four minute mists for humidity and hydration. Live plants help hold water better. Juicy fruit like watermelon help too. However hornworms I think have even a higher water content than watermelon, can be fed more often, and are more likely to be eaten. She is definitely not too young for a shower. Just have a safe place or hold her during it. I don't understand why it was thought she'd be too young. My Jackson is smaller than her and regularly showers. Her basking temps need to be at 84 or 85 no higher.

You need to mist your chameleon for 2 minutes at least twice a day and provideo at least 2 four minute mists for humidity and hydration. Live plants help hold water better. Juicy fruit like watermelon help too. However hornworms I think have even a higher water content than watermelon, can be fed more often, and are more likely to be eaten. She is definitely not too young for a shower. Just have a safe place or hold her during it. I don't understand why it was thought she'd be too young. My Jackson is smaller than her and regularly showers. Her basking temps need to be at 84 or 85 no higher.
Do I shower her in room temp water or warm water??

Most chameleons don't eat the plants that are in there and closure but if you put lettuce in there they dive right in because lettuce smells and tastes better to veiled chameleons than pothos vines. The idea here is to get them to bite into a mouthful of wet water filled lettus not to just lick some moisture off of a leaf. Because as this guy said his Chamaeleon doesn't seem to be drinking from the Mister or the leaves.
I'm having the same issue - misting, dripper, live plants - nothing - she won't cup feed - can only stand thee so long offering worms - how do you get them to eat lettuce?

also, you should feed your Cham calcium without D3 almost every day, and calcium with D3 2 times a month and a multivitamin 2 times a month as well. I recommend buying the same brand of calcium you have in the picture because it is phosphorus free, but make sure it is with out D3

Back
Top Bottom