Species, age, sex of your Cham.
How long have you had your cham?
Ambilobe Panther. 6 months. Make. In my care since September 5th, 2018

• Feeding
What are you feeding your cham?
What amount?
What do you gutload your feeders with?
Dubias, superworms, BSFL, blue bottle flies, black solider flies

He usually eats 3-5 bugs per day. Recentky (in the last week) he has been only eating 1 every other day.

Gutloaded with carrots, sweet potatoes, collard greens, mustard greens, mango, and apples

• Supplements
List ALL supplements in detail (brand and type) that you use.
Rep-Cal without D3 every feeding
Rep-Cal with D3 every other week
Reptivite multivitamin every other week

• Water
How are you providing water for your cham to drink?
What kind of water are you using?
If you mist, how many times a day and for how long?
Homemade dripper, Mistking mister that runs 3 times for 5 minutes using Brita filtered water

• Fecal Description
Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings.
Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
Usually brown poops & cream colored urates. Current issue is with his most recent urates. See image.
Hasn’t been tested for parasites.

• Cage Type
Enclosure material, glass, screen, mix of both?
What are the dimensions?
2x2x4 mesh Dragon Strand enclosure

• Lighting
What kind of UVB, T8/T5 linear or screw in bulb type?
What brand and strength UVB?
How old is your UVB?
Arcadia T5 12% 36” bulb replaced on 11/30/18

• Temperature
What bulb are you using for basking?
What is your basking temp?
What are you using to monitor basking temp?
What is your ambient temp in the room?
50W reptile bulb. Basking temp is around 90. Using a temp gun to measure. Ambient temp is 72.

• Humidity
What is the humidity?
What are you using to monitor humidity?
Around 60% using a electronic gauge

• Plants
What plants are in your enclosure?
Pathos, African mass plant, and some silk leaf vines

Texas, USA

Current problem is his urate does not look good. I’m not sure why he is dehydrated when he has consistent mistings and dripper. I’ve seen him lick branches that don’t really seem wet/damp but I’ve never seen him drink from the leaves or branches the dripper drops on to. I’ve also seen a decrease in appetite. Not sure if this is just because he’s getting older, close to shedding, or something else. The pictures attached are from today. Any insights would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 1EFC5ACB-B298-4E1A-9315-4129C62D112E.jpeg
    1EFC5ACB-B298-4E1A-9315-4129C62D112E.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 3D10C4D8-5F59-4F3A-BAEA-D64E9751B1B4.jpeg
    3D10C4D8-5F59-4F3A-BAEA-D64E9751B1B4.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 84
  • 16D22656-C17F-48C6-B5B3-9D51D6DBBDC6.jpeg
    16D22656-C17F-48C6-B5B3-9D51D6DBBDC6.jpeg
    308.4 KB · Views: 91
  • B9AAC47F-1799-490A-81F2-C7C3552BEFA9.jpeg
    B9AAC47F-1799-490A-81F2-C7C3552BEFA9.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 75
well he should be eating more, maybe try hornworms or waxworm moths or silk worms.

as for the dehydration put him in the shower on a plant or piece of wood, tilt the shower head to the wall of the shower and let the mist bounce off

well he should be eating more, maybe try hornworms or waxworm moths or silk worms.

as for the dehydration put him in the shower on a plant or piece of wood, tilt the shower head to the wall of the shower and let the mist bounce off

I've tried hornworms before. He had two and then wanted nothing to do with the other ones and they all died off. I've been debating getting silkworms. Just feel like I need to do more research on how to keep them alive.

Good suggestion for the shower thing. He won't let me pick him up but if I can coax him on a stick and get him onto a plant in the shower how long do you recommend I leave him in there?

Shouldn't he be getting enough water between the dripper and mistings?

Not sure if its the direct cause of loss of appetite or urate problems but i would switch out that 12% bulb for a 6% i had some issues with an ambilobe around 6 months old as well. Thought it was a 6% bulb turned out to be 12% and i noticed my juvenile doing so odd things ie, Sleeping during the day, eye issues, loss of appetite. My male likes to bask under the uvb just as yours is doing in the pitcture and i think it was just to much uvb for a young panther. Might or might not be part of the issue, just telling you my prior expirience. After i switched out the 12% for a 6% and did the shower method as the member above noted my chamemeon was back to normal after a week or 2.

Not sure if its the direct cause of loss of appetite or urate problems but i would switch out that 12% bulb for a 6% i had some issues with an ambilobe around 6 months old as well. Thought it was a 6% bulb turned out to be 12% and i noticed my juvenile doing so odd things ie, Sleeping during the day, eye issues, loss of appetite. My male likes to bask under the uvb just as yours is doing in the pitcture and i think it was just to much uvb for a young panther. Might or might not be part of the issue, just telling you my prior expirience. After i switched out the 12% for a 6% and did the shower method as the member above noted my chamemeon was back to normal after a week or 2.

Hmmm good to know. Did you switch him back to a 12% once he was a little bit older?

Hmmm good to know. Did you switch him back to a 12% once he was a little bit older?

12% is too much for panthers, regardless of age (unless there is extremely extremely dense foliage). 6% should be used for panthers, 12% is suited for veileds

Update: I have since seen him drink a couple times from water dropping onto leaves. I've given him 3 wax worms which he gobbled up. I'll be trying to hatch those into moths. I also got some hornworms which I tried feeding him and he had one so hopefully he won't loose interest like he has in the past.

Back
Top Bottom