Deciding between veiled and graceful

Dantarius

Hey guys,
So i'm new to chams but not to reptiles. I'm working on setting up my setup for a Cham, but when I was exploring a pet store, they had both veiled and graceful chams. I was told by the pet store owner that both have similar requirements except that the graceful requires lower temperatures. They both look awesome and i can't decide which one to get. So I researched on the websites and this is roughly what I found(off my memory). Please feel free to correct me on this information.

Veiled Require
-higher temperatures (85 to about 100F max)
-lower humidity levels (60-70%
- the usual UVB, feeders, no substrate, supplements etc.

Gracefuls require
-lower temps (75-65F roughly)
- higher humidity (heard varying info from same as veileds or 90-100% humidity)
- the usual UVB, feeders, no substrate, supplements etc.

So ultimately, I just wanted some info from people who own gracefuls if this is roughly correct for your setups? The biggest thing I am asking about is the 90-100% humidity likely/ possible? I know that it is best to allow them to dry out for specific times of the day to prevent respiratory infections. Does this seem right? There is very little research on gracefuls out there...

Oops. Forgot to include information on my setup thus far.
I have a r-zilla 12"-24"-28"h screen mesh cage. It is setup in the corner of my room and this is a low traffic area. I live in Los Angeles county and the temperature drops to 45ish during the winter ( at the worst) and is usually about 70ish during the rest of the year (indoors). I will definitely have a ceramic heat bulb on a rheostat to prevent drastic drops in temperatures. In my room, the humidity normally stays about 50-70% humidity. I still have to test the humidity in the enclosure, but I am still setting up the live plants and dripper system. And yes I have a UVB light and fake plants and branches and fake vines. Thanks for your advice in advance! ^.^

Back
Top Bottom