Dealing with clean up of ash for outdoor enclosure.

Ok so basically are yall saying I just need to spray the plants down really well with the water? The hibiscus are in pots with rocks on top of the soil. I opened up the cage and the screen is doing a really good job keeping the ash from getting into the actual cage. The hibiscus do not seem fazed 4 new blooms today.

I guess my only real concern since I can spray it off the cage and off the branches is would there be any danger of Beman eating the flowers since they have been exposed to it.

I do not understand the alkaline this and that. So I do not understand if there is actually risk or not. And since I overthink everything as yall know it makes it more difficult when there is potential of risk that I do not actually understand.

Beman can eat all the ash he likes. But yes just go nuts with the hose, udderly drown the hibiscus/plants for a half hour using the lawn sprinkler if they are in normal plant pots, it will just drain out and overflow the bottom catches. A few hours later id tilt the pots so the catches drain out, as i always end up with rotting dead crickets etc if they are filled to the rim.

The other "green thumb" stuff you only have to worry about if you start getting leaf yellowing etc.

The acid vs alkaline is only in regards to what grows well in that type of soil. If most of the ash is staying out, I think you are fine, as is Beman. Just spray it with the hose when its all over and call it a day.
Beman can eat all the ash he likes. But yes just go nuts with the hose, udderly drown the hibiscus/plants for a half hour using the lawn sprinkler if they are in normal plant pots, it will just drain out and overflow the bottom catches. A few hours later id tilt the pots so the catches drain out, as i always end up with rotting dead crickets etc if they are filled to the rim.

The other "green thumb" stuff you only have to worry about if you start getting leaf yellowing etc.
Thank you guys! Once it finally stops I will do this. I just over worry. :hilarious:

But Bentley is teeny hehe you can hide Him lmao . Plus he’s so dang handsome . Ohhhh and he would make beautiful BABIES !!. Oh shhhhh don’t tell them I said that !.
Yeah um unless we are pairing him with one of your females that is a no go for me lol. Plus it snows there. I don't do snow. Like incapable of driving in it. No snow skills.

Yeah um unless we are pairing him with one of your females that is a no go for me lol. Plus it snows there. I don't do snow. Like incapable of driving in it. No snow skills.
The queens would have gloves and socks omg ❤️.

We be a great pair I’ve lived here my whole life and still HATE HATE HATE the snow . You know how close the shop is ,if there’s snow guess whom won’t be going to work and you know I don’t miss work .

Back
Top Bottom