Dead egg?

I recently shipped out an ambilobe egg and the buyer said they egg had molded. Here is a picture of it. It looks like it has died but I wanted to see what you guys think.
Screenshot_20191207-104208_eBay.jpg

I recently shipped out an ambilobe egg and the buyer said they egg had molded. Here is a picture of it. It looks like it has died but I wanted to see what you guys think.View attachment 252931
Looks like it went bad for sure... but not "moulded" (or molded for that matter, hehe). To me it looks more like an infertile egg than anything. A moldy egg will turn black/green/gray and be fuzzy. I only have 3 clutches of eggs and limited experience however.

Looks like it went bad for sure... but not "moulded" (or molded for that matter, hehe). To me it looks more like an infertile egg than anything. A moldy egg will turn black/green/gray and be fuzzy. I only have 3 clutches of eggs and limited experience however.
They wiped the mold off before they sent the picture. I dont think it is infertile, it was laid on October 27th and it was great before I shipped it out. I think it didnt survive the shipping. I'm going to send them another egg.

No good!! I think the first 3 weeks - month are ok to ship after that the embryo could get dislodged, then again I could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom