Dead crickets?

Do you guys leave dead crickets in your containers for living ones to devour as part of a gut load or to keep them alive longer? I know weird question. I just don't want to harm my cham.

Remove all dead crickets as soon as you see them
Yeah the dead ones will make the smell worse. Is there another reason to take them out as soon as they die? I figured it wasn’t good for the cham either something to do with the crickets maybe mal nutrition, have stuff on them, parasites, if they get on the live ones they’re contaminated I’m not sure?

Yeah the dead ones will make the smell worse. Is there another reason to take them out as soon as they die?
They also have fumes (I think it’s ammonia) that can kill the other crickets by suffocating them. They could also carry diseases than can be passed to the others if they eat them, along with dead ones being a bad gutload, among other stuff.

They also have fumes (I think it’s ammonia) that can kill the other crickets by suffocating them. They could also carry diseases than can be passed to the others if they eat them, along with dead ones being a bad gutload, among other stuff.
Yup figured. I hate crickets this will probably be one of the lasts times I buy them they just gross me out and stink so bad 🙄🤢

Back
Top Bottom