Day Geckos

Texas Panther Man

Are Grandis day geckos in FL? What Im saying is does Florida have a wild pop of them? I saw an ad for some on fauna and they referred to the fact that they were wild collected in Fl? Just wondered if anyone from Fl could fill me in. I have wanted to start a project with these guys for awhile. Also how easy are they to sex?

I don't know about the geckos, nut I also seen an ad on fauna for Florida capture veiled chameleons. I thought it was strange.

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised. I've had a couple grandis day geckos over the years, and I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to become entrenched in southern Florida.

They are dead simple to sex as long as they aren't hatchlings. The males have large femoral pores, and large females in good health develop large calcium pouches in their jowls. Adult males also have sizable hemipenal bulges.

There are a Some populations established in the keys. I have a few running around my cham cages who benefit during feeding time.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 130
There are a Some populations established in the keys. I have a few running around my cham cages who benefit during feeding time.

Woah, thats awesome Ray. So the chams havent tried to make a snack of the geckos? I see that big male Tamatave staring that guy down. lol

Back
Top Bottom