Darker coloration only while sleeping

Speelman

Hello ! I decided to make a new thread about this instead of just asking in the comments of my other one. My entire filled out sheet of current care is in my previous post but I can repost it here if need be.

I have noticed the last two nights that while sleeping my approximately 5 month old male veiled has taken on some very worrying darker colors. These are not present at all during the day, he is his normal fairly vibrant or slightly muted while basking self, and has some of the slight grey markings on some parts of his head. I would have thought it was cold but it is possibly the warmest night so far of me owning him, currently top of cage is 70 F and bottom is around 63 F. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Realizing now I have never seen him sleep on the side wall like this, or even this far up in the cage. I did see these colorations while sleeping in his normal hidey hole on a leaf about half way down last night.

image0 (1).jpeg

JMHO -- Those look like anger colors. Something is bothering him. I see the fogger going off, maybe it is vibrating or something.

If he is sleeping, then he is physically felling something. JMO

JMHO -- Those look like anger colors. Something is bothering him. I see the fogger going off, maybe it is vibrating or something.

If he is sleeping, then he is physically felling something. JMO
Could it be light disturbances ? I have been covering his cage with a very thin flag after lights of if I have my lamp on so that the two sides that are actually facing my room have towel and flag to try and reduce light .

Not sure about the covering thing, never have covered my chams. Maybe later others will have ideas.
I would still think he is feeling something (music or some vibration). Just guessing. (y)

Not sure about the covering thing, never have covered my chams. Maybe later others will have ideas.
I would still think he is feeling something (music or some vibration). Just guessing. (y)
Thank you seriously, I turned off the fogger as of now because I can’t get above 50% humidity regardless and the plants keep it at 45% anyways lmao

Thank you seriously, I turned off the fogger as of now because I can’t get above 50% humidity regardless and the plants keep it at 45% anyways lmao
Checked back about an hour and a half later because I can’t sleep and no black on body and much less on the head . Reptifogger may be outta here, it doesn’t even get humidity above the usual levels anyways need to find something better

Back
Top Bottom