Dark coloring all day?

His coloring has been dark all day, it may be stress due to him being so puffed up. Any ideas?

Attachments

• A388CCC9-09A3-4DE4-B2BA-0ADCE0216A0C.jpeg
    A388CCC9-09A3-4DE4-B2BA-0ADCE0216A0C.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 61
OK that's good. Its a common thing with veiled chameleons being dark in day time hours. Although mine isn't dark all the time in day hours. I know a lot of people who's veiled stay dark in the day. But it also could be temps are off in enclosure. I can see from the pic of enclosure their is a few lighting issues. So that may be a problems as well. @ERKleRose can help you with this.

OK that's good. Its a common thing with veiled chameleons being dark in day time hours. Although mine isn't dark all the time in day hours. I know a lot of people who's veiled stay dark in the day. But it also could be temps are off in enclosure. I can see from the pic of enclosure their is a few lighting issues. So that may be a problems as well. @ERKleRose can help you with this.
Lighting should be correct?:
1. tilted facing ReptiBreeze Ho 5.0 UVB 25 Inch + reptile dome
2. Eco terra reptile dome stand, dome and 75 WATT household (soft white no led) bulb. My cham seems to love. Checking on the dome since I just got it to see if it frys the dome or not. But I have done a lot of research on here and the bulbing seems alright. (Temps are good as well when measured on thermometer that is around his basking branch.)

What is your basking temp? I use a 65 watt bulb. Used to use 75 watt. My veiled seems happier with the 65. I also have it 9 inches above basking branch.

What is your basking temp? I use a 65 watt bulb. Used to use 75 watt. My veiled seems happier with the 65. I also have it 9 inches above basking branch.
My basking temp at basking spot is 81°. I personally think 80 to 83 is great basking temps for veileds. Anything much higher is too hot.

My basking temp at basking spot is 81°. I personally think 80 to 83 is great basking temps for veileds. Anything much higher is too hot.
Middle of my cage is about about 76 and bottom is 73. At night I keep 65 and sometimes below 60 when I turn on mobile ac. But 65 if fine. They need at least a ten degree drop at night. The cooler at night the more active they will be the next day. I keep my humidity at about 30% in day time and at night 70% most nights. Some nights 95% or even 100% humidity. But in daytime they should never have humidity higher than 50%.

Middle of my cage is about about 76 and bottom is 73. At night I keep 65 and sometimes below 60 when I turn on mobile ac. But 65 if fine. They need at least a ten degree drop at night. The cooler at night the more active they will be he next day. I keep my humidity at about 30% in day time and at night 70% most nights. Some nights 95% or even 100% humidity. But in daytime they should never have humidity higher than 50%.
My basking is mostly around 80-83 on basking temps. It drops to around 70-73 at night as well. I also must him for 2-3 minutes before he goes to bed. Which leaves around a 80-100 humidity. In the day time it’s usually measured around 30-40 (60 sometimes) and he loves a good misting and goes up to where I’m spraying at that moment.

Oh and never use a fogger in the day period. If you choose to use one. Use only at night and only if temps are below 67°. This prevents respiratory infection. I don't use one at all. Veiled really don't need one

Oh and never use a fogger in the day period. If you choose to use one. Use only at night and only if temps are below 67°. This prevents respiratory infection. I don't use one at all. Veiled really don't need one
We don’t use a fogger. We only use a handheld mister and we are planning to get an automatic mister

Ok then. You should have a dripper as well. With a drip deipping wvery two seconds. So he has a water source at all times. Have it dripping onto some leafs. Do you use any lights at night. Just asking because that's a big no-no. You can get more opinions on the basking but I think 90 is too high for a veiled. You should try raising your basking bulb about three more inches and see if

Ok then. You should have a dripper as well. With a drip deipping wvery two seconds. So he has a water source at all times. Have it dripping onto some leafs. Do you use any lights at night. Just asking because that's a big no-no. You can get more opinions on the basking but I think 90 is too high for a veiled. You should try raising your basking bulb about three more inches and see if
I have a handmade dripper that drips every two seconds (the milk carton method) and I don’t have any lights at night! I also spray the leaves and all to make sure they have some drip to them and they are good to drink off of.
I’m gonna try to lower the basking bulb on the stand although, it’s about a foot away from the branch so I can lower it to 9-8 inches or so and monitor the top the terrarium to make sure it doesn’t get too hot.

I have a handmade dripper that drips every two seconds (the milk carton method) and I don’t have any lights at night! I also spray the leaves and all to make sure they have some drip to them and they are good to drink off of.
I’m gonna try to lower the basking bulb on the stand although, it’s about a foot away from the branch so I can lower it to 9-8 inches or so and monitor the top the terrarium to make sure it doesn’t get too hot.
I use milk cartons as drippers too. If your basking temp is already 85- 90 light should be raised not lowered. Or you could just get a lower watt bulb.

Back
Top Bottom