Dark color

Veiled_Tuna

So my female veiled cham is around 6-7 months, and she was getting too big for her cage. I moved her into a taller one, and hasn't changed out of a dark green (almost black) color since then and its been 5 days now. Her husbandry is pretty much the same as her old cage, and it's around 70-80 degrees at the top of her cage. I thought she was just nervous because of her new home, but it seems to be taking a while... is this normal? The only other reason I can think of is the netting is thicker causing it to be a little darker, so maybe she's just trying to blend in?

So my female veiled cham is around 6-7 months, and she was getting too big for her cage. I moved her into a taller one, and hasn't changed out of a dark green (almost black) color since then and its been 5 days now.
They need height, but they need some horizontal space too. What are the other dimensions?

IMG_6370.JPG

I took her out last night and she went back to green with her yellow spots (bc of her age I'm guessing) And she fell asleep on my hand which never happens. Then she didn't turn this dark until this morning again.

I have the whole bottom filled with coconut soil and the plant her ficus is in also has that soil. I dont know if that counts though
IDK if that counts as a a lay bin; I usually see washed play sand—or a mixture of potting soil & play sand recommended—moistened so it will hold a tunnel. Substrate should be ~12" deep.

It's 20x20 in and 3 1/2 ft tall
That's still a little small. 24 x 24 x 48 is recommended—larger if you can.

IDK if that counts as a a lay bin; I usually see washed play sand—or a mixture of potting soil & play sand recommended—moistened so it will hold a tunnel. Substrate should be ~12" deep.

That's still a little small. 24 x 24 x 48 is recommended—larger if you can.
Okay, thank you, I worry a little too much sometimes lol. Thanks :)

I have the whole bottom filled with coconut soil and the plant her ficus is in also has that soil. I dont know if that counts though
Coco coir is too loose to be used for laying. You’ll need a container that is at least 12”x12” and 8” deep. (larger is fine to use) Fill it to about 6” deep with play sand that is wet enough to hold a tunnel without collapsing. They don’t just dig down, but also a bit across. As it’s often difficult to tell when they need it, I say just keep it in her enclosure all the time. When she needs it, it’s there and she’ll find it. If you want, you could add some organic soil and place a plant in one corner of it. Chameleons do like laying against root balls.
A815D2B0-03F9-42DD-A261-5350DF8A8A8E.jpeg

Coco coir is too loose to be used for laying. You’ll need a container that is at least 12”x12” and 8” deep. (larger is fine to use) Fill it to about 6” deep with play sand that is wet enough to hold a tunnel without collapsing. They don’t just dig down, but also a bit across. As it’s often difficult to tell when they need it, I say just keep it in her enclosure all the time. When she needs it, it’s there and she’ll find it. If you want, you could add some organic soil and place a plant in one corner of it. Chameleons do like laying against root balls.
View attachment 297431
This is awesome idk how I've never seen this chart before lol! Thank you

How warm was the basking area in the old cage that she no longer lives in?
How warm is the basking area I. The new cage she libpves in now?

Is the new cage in the same exact spot that the old cage was in or is the new cage in a different place?

Please post w couple of photos of her so I can see her from the side.

How warm was the basking area in the old cage that she no longer lives in?
How warm is the basking area I. The new cage she libpves in now?

Is the new cage in the same exact spot that the old cage was in or is the new cage in a different place?

Please post w couple of photos of her so I can see her from the side.
Her new cage is a few feet away from where her old one was, along the same wall too. Her basking area is around 70-75 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom