Dangerous?

Darkmaster743

So I had my veiled chameleon out since he is very docile and he was just chilling on my arm, my cricket keeper was open and had Flukers cricket water gel cubes in there that were about a few days old. I was getting ready to put him back now that he had eaten and change the cubes since they were covered in cricket poop and drying out. Seeing that the lid was open he flung on to the cricket keeper and tagged a cricket with his tongue, with the cricket he also tagged a cube. He ended up eating them both before I could yank it out of his mouth. I know they aren't toxic to crickets and are likely not toxic to him, but I can't help but feel worried since he turned brown right after he ate it. Likely because of the taste of the dirty cube, but yeah is he going to be okay or could this cause a health problem? I'm going to obviously be very careful around him and that keeper now since his behavior was really unexpected.

The gell does not digest well and will absorb water out of the body of the chameleon. As this happen the gell keeps expanding. This can cause a intestinal blockage! Keep a eye on his poop! If he does not poop for a couple of days longer than his normal you might have to get him to a vet!

The gell does not digest well and will absorb water out of the body of the chameleon. As this happen the gell keeps expanding. This can cause a intestinal blockage! Keep a eye on his poop! If he does not poop for a couple of days longer than his normal you might have to get him to a vet!
Alright, Thanks. I love this chameleon he is so docile unlike my other panther. I have pet insurance, I'm just annoyed that he might get sick because I was careless :/

I'd say the flukers cubes are well saturated and won't likely absorb water out of its body, likely give him an irratated stomach. His stomach will digest much of it since it is water based. But yes watch for blockage.

Back
Top Bottom