Dang bugs are spendy.

Scottsquatch

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I just ordered 1000 crickets and 500 supers because I plan on breeding my own in the future and not ever needing to buy more. Well crap, with shipping that was almost a hundred bucks. Good gods man! All total, I've already invested almost 500 in feeders. Yeesh, let's hope they breed enough that I can eventually sell surplus and recoup at least some of the original investment.
However, it does feel Good to have eight different feeders with 3 more to come...

Yeah, but ghann's has great reviews and I have not heard the best reviews about other cricket dealers. Hopefully this will be a one time purchse for these guys. With an ocassional influx of new genes from time to time.

Oooh yes ghanns is very good. I have tried nearly all of the big bug suppliers haha and they are the best. No problems with dirty bugs or spiders or anything. Best customer service as well. They have wholesale pricing as well! For your future needs. Get that breeding going tho! haha It is the only way to afford to raise chameleons

Your not kidding there. Im doing five different roach colonies, crickets, superworms, and silks. Ive also got bean beatles, flour beetles and flightless hydei FF's. I have a bunch of different panther eggs cooking and im gonna need a lot of food available to feed 11 neonates plus 3 adults. Btw, i just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy looking at your photos. You take some really nice pics.

Wow! You have more colonies than me! I just started at adding grasshoppers and katydids. Eggs so far! YES. You will need MANY things to feed! Bean beatles easy to breed? What kind of panther eggs you have cooking?

Thank you for the compliments! :) I need to upload some more photos. I have not been on this site for many months! So many chameleons that I have almost no time except at night when they are all sleeping! haha

I am looking for good quality crickets to start a breeding colony with and do some wing adjustments.

If you wanna save money fluckers farms has 1000 crickets 20$ out the door with shipping and predator foods has 1000 crickets banded for like 22$ out the door with shipping and suppers on eBay 500 no more than 20$ with shipping

@Scottsquatch I've been trying to find another reptile owner near me because of the shipping costs but so far no luck. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do a mass order like you. :(

I live about 20 miles from Rainbow Worms, I order crickets from Ghanns, worms from Rainbow. I order about 50K crickets a month and 5K superworms, plus assorted treats.

Ghanns crickets are SOO much cleaner and packaged nicer, Rainbows worms are fatter and heathier, (great pricing on hornworms), . Ghanns shipping is $40 for Georgia to California, Rainbow is $20 for 20 miles.

To offset the costs I raise Dubia, Orange Heads, Driscoids, Green Banana, Red Runner and one I just can't remember the name of, also raise Hydei, BSF, BBF, houseflies. Mantids and Indian walking sticks. Adding flour and rice beetles

Back
Top Bottom