cute pic of my cham

PabloTheCham

Chameleon Enthusiast
This is a cute pic of my veiled on his freerange.

Attachments

• PHOTOCONTEST.jpg
    PHOTOCONTEST.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 152
Dude, his leg is broken or has mbd

I still say something is going on there, that is not a natural contour.

here are some pics of his leg. You guys are right, that looks bad in the picture, but from whatever angle I look at it now, it looks fine. He also has a really strong grip, he can hold upside down on my arm. Here are some pics of his leg.

Attachments

• PABLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA.jpg
    PABLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 93
  • PABLOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
    PABLOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 93
Ill say it again, I still say something is going on there, that is not a natural contour. The contour im concerned with is lateral, meaning it will not show if your looking at it from the side like in your last two pictures. You've got to look at it from the front like in your original pic.

Just trying to help you. I could be wrong, kind of hope I am, but I don't think so.

Attachments

• 1584447823567.png
    1584447823567.png
    851.8 KB · Views: 101
Ill say it again, I still say something is going on there, that is not a natural contour. The contour im concerned with is lateral, meaning it will not show if your looking at it from the side like in your last two pictures. You've got to look at it from the front like in your original pic.

Just trying to help you. I could be wrong, kind of hope I am, but I don't think so.
I looked today, and it was indeed weird. What should I do??? Will it heal on his own or does he need a vet visit? Is there any way to tell if it is just a break or if it is mbd? Like I said, he did fall off a table a 2 days ago before the pic was taken.

Xray is the only way to differentiate between a break and MBD. If its MBD weve caught it somewhat early, they may give liquid calcium, Ive seen some chams get a splint or cast with broken legs but rarely. Most are left to heal on their own.

Beyond that you need to figure out how he was able to be put in this situation in the first place, meaning a husbandry review. Please fill out the help form.

Xray is the only way to differentiate between a break and MBD. If its MBD weve caught it somewhat early, they may give liquid calcium, Ive seen some chams get a splint or cast with broken legs but rarely. Most are left to heal on their own.

Beyond that you need to figure out how he was able to be put in this situation in the first place, meaning a husbandry review. Please fill out the help form.
My husbandry has already been reviewed many times. I ordered phoenix worms for calcium, idk if that will help. i supplement calcium without d3 every day and with d3 every two months, and multi every month. I doubt it is mbd, i think it is from falling off the table.

My husbandry has already been reviewed many times. I ordered phoenix worms for calcium, idk if that will help. i supplement calcium without d3 every day and with d3 every two months, and multi every month. I doubt it is mbd, i think it is from falling off the table.

So that I may understand, are you only supplement D3 once every two months, or every two weeks?

Back
Top Bottom