Cute Baby Tamataves!

PardalisGirl

Avid Member
Hubby is out of town this week so I had some time to take some pictures of babies while I was cleaning their baby cages. I have two clutches of Tamataves. The older ones are in screen cages and are were not cooperative tonight. Below are pictures of a younger clutch (one and 1/2 months old) from my male Aurelius and female Livia:

TamataveBabe1.1.JPG TamataveBabe2.1.JPG TamataveBabe3.1.JPG

There are six males in this clutch. The clutch was bigger but the other eggs went bad. It's weird that all the eggs that were good were male. They live in a clear "Critter Keeper" that has a flat screen top and a UVB Reptisun 5.0 over it. They will be moving into a plastic tub next week. This pair has been very "active" together. I have a couple of other clutches in the incubator. Both are wild caught imports.

There are six males in this clutch. The clutch was bigger but the other eggs went bad. It's weird that all the eggs that were good were male.

That is weird, I know of other clutches of Tama's that were male heavy, and the females were all weaklings.

What was your time frame of the eggs hatching?

Incubation Time........

That is weird, I know of other clutches of Tama's that were male heavy, and the females were all weaklings.

What was your time frame of the eggs hatching?

Incubation time was about eight months give or take a day. Do you have any Tamatave?

Incubation time was about eight months give or take a day. Do you have any Tamatave?

How far apart did each egg hatch respective to one another? I would be interested to see a study of male to female ratio's from east and west coast locales in Maddy. Tamatave gets a lot more rain then the west coast, with no dry months and little seasonal temperature fluctuation. I wonder what kind of impact that has on incubation?

And no,I'm not working with Tama's right now.

Close hatching time....

The six all hatched out within a couple of days. I've had plenty of other clutches that could take several weeks to all hatch out. This one was very quick. The eggs all looked white and hard one day. The next day they all started sweating and becoming "see through" and the next day they were all pipping and crawling out. Wish all clutches were like that!

Tamataves are by far my favorite locale that I don't have. Your male Aurelius is gorgeous. I just love red oranges and yellows with the white and black. They should be amazing little ones.

Justin

Back
Top Bottom