Custom Cham enclosure

Kmickle11

So I’ve decided to create a custom enclosure for my Cham using an armoire I got for cheap. I’ve read a bunch of threads trying to gather as much info as I possibly can, but any and all input is greatly appreciated!

7737A033-098A-4940-BEE3-6950559369CD.png

I've been on the lookout for one myself! I did see plans on pinterest but of course can't find it now. I'll be interested in your progress

Hi There guys. You can use the search feature on the forum to find relevant threads. Also here is a link to @Brodybreaux25 thread on his set up. There are complete details in there for how to convert the cabinet and what you will need to buy to seal it as well. :)
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/bioactive-mentor.167174/
Thanks! I checked out his thread earlier this morning. Incredible build. I’m going for something much simpler for now, maybe someday I’ll be able to have a full bio active viv

Thanks! I checked out his thread earlier this morning. Incredible build. I’m going for something much simpler for now, maybe someday I’ll be able to have a full bio active viv
Absolutely. There will be helpful info in there on how to convert yours to water proof it as well. What are the dimensions of the top part? You could remove the top piece and screen that along with the front doors. Looks like the one door has glass so that will be easy to swap out but you will have to convert the other door. :( If the back part is that thin panel material you may want to swap it out as well for a thicker piece of wood to water proof and seal. But that is all I have to contribute as I have not done one of these just read a ton of threads :)

You don’t have to do the bioactive part, every thing else in there is still relevant. So is only one side of those doors glass?
It’s actually a mirror on the inside, both doors are solid. So far my plan is to keep the doors, cut the middle section out and replace with hi-vis screen. Cut out the top and sides, do the same thing. Possibly take the entire back off and replace with screen, not sure on that part yet. Waterproof with flex seal. Might create a removable plastic tray for the bottom out of pvc sheets

It’s actually a mirror on the inside, both doors are solid. So far my plan is to keep the doors, cut the middle section out and replace with hi-vis screen. Cut out the top and sides, do the same thing. Possibly take the entire back off and replace with screen, not sure on that part yet. Waterproof with flex seal. Might create a removable plastic tray for the bottom out of pvc sheets
Good plan, may want to consider leaving the back solid, makes over spray much easier to control.

What species chameleon are you getting?
I have an ambilobe panther in an 18x36 reptibreeze right now. He’s only about 4 months old. I’m estimating by the time i finish the project he’ll be ready for a bigger viv. I had a panther that passed away recently, we believe he had a neurological condition as he was only 2 when we had to put him down about a month ago. Didn’t think I would want another one after him and was ready to sell everything. After a few weeks I realized I wasn’t ready to give up on having one. The new little guy has some big shoes to fill, Rupert was so friendly and wanted to come out every time he saw me

Supplies are finally purchased!

So far I’ve got stain and sealer for the wood, wood filler to fill all the holes on the inside, flex seal liquid for the bottom and spray for the wood on the inside, a big sheet of plexiglass for the back (thinking of getting a cool printed background to tape to the outside), a roll of fiberglass screen, silicone to seal all corners.

Funny story, it was super windy in NE this weekend and I was bringing everything out to my car when the wind caugh the sheet of plexiglass and blew it right out of my cart, shattering a corner off of it. I had to turn around and bring it back into the store to exchange for a new one.. whoops!

Anyways, still need to purchase light fixtures/bulbs, and some other odds and ends for the inside. I found a few really pretty pieces of wood online for good prices, and I have a good sized manzanita branch that never made it into my aquarium. This little guy is gonna have an awesome crib!

Back
Top Bottom