Custom build

Brentholey

Established Member
This is for a veiled from FLChams. I want to get a baby from the naval bloodline.I’m a first timer, I wanted a decent cage, and a little bigger than what I was seeing online and in the stores. It is 54” tall+12” legs x 30” wide x 20”deep.
FCDF431D-0FFE-4589-972F-890B5F4407DB.jpeg
860262AC-75E3-42A5-9CA5-F8BAB3A125F3.jpeg

Beautiful enclosure! My favorite plant for my enclosure has been a pothos. I have a few variations going now for when I upgrade. Plus I just like the look that a fern brings to the enclosure. The grow big and fast and they have an awesome texture! There are several plant suggestion threads that have a lot of info in them if you use the search bar

Just add TONS of coverage a saying we all use here on the forums is “empty space is wasted space” literally go crazy with the coverage

Does anyone know about “Vitis riparia” I didn’t see it on the safe plant list? It grows wild all over in my area and seems like it would be a great natural vine.

Update of my enclosure. 2 Pothos, a Schefflera, and a ficus benjamina. I have a Boston fern that is pretty big I was thinking about splitting up but I’m not sure what I should do with it. So far I have just left it out. My baby veiled chameleon from FL chams should be here on Wednesday, we’re extremely anxious! The kids and I decided to name him Opie. Any suggestions for his new home before he gets here are welcomed!
8C7E7888-7EF9-4254-8BF1-540C156612BC.jpeg

Is that a red heat lamp I spy in the left hand corner? Also, what is your uv source?

Cage looks great, I like the idea of wood but did you use some kind of sealant to prevent it from soaking up water? I have been thinking of building one lately, this may be my winter project. What are you using for the bottom?

Cage looks great, I like the idea of wood but did you use some kind of sealant to prevent it from soaking up water? I have been thinking of building one lately, this may be my winter project. What are you using for the bottom?
Thanks! I used behr outdoor stain to seal it. I used screen for the bottom with 2x2 cross braces to set my pots on, although I wish I would have designed it around some sort of container. I have been thinking about turning it into a bioactive setup, but I’m having a real tough time finding something to contain the soil that is the same dimensions of the enclosure.

Thanks! I used behr outdoor stain to seal it. I used screen for the bottom with 2x2 cross braces to set my pots on, although I wish I would have designed it around some sort of container. I have been thinking about turning it into a bioactive setup, but I’m having a real tough time finding something to contain the soil that is the same dimensions of the enclosure.
Make yourself a planter box to go in it

That feel when everything is plumb without cross bracing. Its something i could never accomplish. Pop it all together, and it looks like a rhombus. I gave up and starting making things out of plywood and a table saw, everything is now straight.

What Leds are you using, they look pretty useful?

If you go with the beamswork make sure you get the timer to go with them. I used them with some fish aquariums. The 36” gives 5000 lumens I think .

Back
Top Bottom