curved casque, but not MBD

ksuvet

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I wanted to ask about my chameleon. He is about 5-6 months old and I noticed his casque was starting to grow a little to the right. I'm a vet student at Kansas State University and I took him into the teaching hospital to be examined. The head exotics vet there, Dr. Carpenter, said he looked perfectly healthy and showed no signs of MBD. I bought my chameleon from FL chams and when he arrived he had what the vet called an "extreme case of coccidia" and he had small pieces of skin left from his last shedding. I was able to bring him back to health, but I'm unsure what would be causing his casque to look like this. Do some of them just grow in curved? Or could it have been an issue because of the breeder? Please help. I'll try to attach an image, but I am new to this so I'll see if it works.

Attachments

• IMG_1472.jpg
    IMG_1472.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 122
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I wanted to ask about my chameleon. He is about 5-6 months old and I noticed his casque was starting to grow a little to the right. I'm a vet student at Kansas State University and I took him into the teaching hospital to be examined. The head exotics vet there, Dr. Carpenter, said he looked perfectly healthy and showed no signs of MBD. I bought my chameleon from FL chams and when he arrived he had what the vet called an "extreme case of coccidia" and he had small pieces of skin left from his last shedding. I was able to bring him back to health, but I'm unsure what would be causing his casque to look like this. Do some of them just grow in curved? Or could it have been an issue because of the breeder? Please help. I'll try to attach an image, but I am new to this so I'll see if it works.

This isn't extreme or really worrisome. I've seen healthy veileds with more oddly shaped casques. There could be some genetics involved but probably more of a combination of "nature" and "nurture". As you know what you are doing nutritionally he shouldn't develop problems.

Back
Top Bottom