Curious about what permits or licenses are needed.


New Member
I live in southern florida, I am a hobbyist with a pair of veiled chameleons. I was wondering what licenses or permits I needed to have a home based shop and also online. I have tried to read the wildlife website, but it is too difficult to understand and I can't seem to get a hold of anyone there. Thank you all for any information you have!
If youre wanting a legitimate business, and intend to file taxes on it and everything, I believe all you need to do is go to your local courthouse of similar building, and apply for an official name.

Im not extremely familiar with Florida law though, so I could be wrong.

I would go to the court house and ask them directly.

Tell them you want to breed and sell legal animals, and ask what you need to do that legitimately.

However...if I were you, I would just do it, and not mess around with paperwork and such.

Now, if you had a large operation going, and were acually going to make money off the venture, then that would be different.

You are not likely to make much or any monies of of a pair of vields though.

That would be as you say, a hobby. ;)

Welcome to the forum! Glad you are here.

Someone may be able to give you better advice that lives and does the same in your state.
Top Bottom