Curio Cage Build

akmihelle

Hey guys,
Im looking to build my veiled cham an enclosure out of a curio cabinet. I just need some tips on products such as foam for a back ground and a drainage system. I had some questions on the foam. As ive seen others use it.. will it melt with a basking spot reaching over 85 degrees? Also, should i seal the wood to make the the wood will not get water damage, if so whats a safe product i can use? I have already sealed the cracks with 100 percent silicone and has been curing for over a month now and will cure more as it will take me time to finish it. But my big question is what to do about drainage. I was thinking making a wood plate the same shape as where i want it and also have some wood facing up so it would drain down then put a pond liner down and a drain with PVC and a bucket. I have posted a picture of what i am wanting to use. I also will of course be breaking out some glass for ventilation and adding mesh, so dont worry she will have ventilation:) Any advise or opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much you guys!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180917-104340_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180917-104340_Gallery.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 105
Have you done a search through this forum yet? There must be 50 threads discussing all this. Also take a look at the sticky at the top with photos and info on other cage builds.

Have you done a search through this forum yet? There must be 50 threads discussing all this. Also take a look at the sticky at the top with photos and info on other cage builds.
I have looked. However, I just wanted some opinions of what people think i should do for this exact structure. If you dont wanna help, dont comment. Some people may not even like the idea of this being turned into an enclosure, i just wanted thoughts and opinions to point me in a direction for this being turned into an enclosure and some questions i personally have. I have not found a drainage system on this site that would be ideal for me or the structure of this cage and havrnt found any on some of the questions i have, then again i didnt go through all thousands of the threads like you expect me too right? Thank you tho.

Back
Top Bottom