Cup or free range feeding?

When ever? Be sure to switch it up though. Variety is important. Also be sure to provide 'shelled' insects as they need the chitin or however you spell it.

You can definitely strain their tongues. They are strong, but not stronger than your hand. It's like when you pull away when they bite. You can damage them.

The maggots are okay if your animal will eat them. Make sure they chew though or it might come out whole.

im not saying you cant strain the tongues, but literally speaking why would you grasp a feeder so hard that it will make it difficiult for the cham. im sure most people hold the feeder lightly and not in some death grip:p

It's not that hard. Holding certain insects can be a difficult task. Like those darn supers. It happens. Again, they aren't that strong.

Crickets, dubia, superworms, etc. It's not an actual shell, they just aren't soft bodied.

It's not that hard. Holding certain insects can be a difficult task. Like those darn supers. It happens. Again, they aren't that strong.

i know they are not "that" strong...and you make a vaild point. oh yeah i dont do supers lol...i let them crawl the screen going up and he gets them:D

i can hold my old pet scorpion, feeder dubias and mantids but not supers:D

What? I said it in the previous post?

Edit: supers are nasty to hand feed! They throw up/poop watery stuff on you. It's sticky too! And I've had many bite me. It doesn't Really hurt but it's surprising.

I don't like the idea of a 'staple.' crickets every day would get boring. It might cause a hunger strike.

So i should free range crickets and put worms in a tub. How many worms and crickets do i feed him? How do i set up the tub

I just tie up a tub under the animals favorite spot. You can do whatever you want with the bugs (FR vs. Tub)

I don't know how old your chameleon is and what it looks like, so can't make any suggestions. If you do a search you will probably find a lot of answers.

I let my crickets free range so he can hunt and have something to do! Also Roaches to but make sure he eats them. Then i cup feed some smaller food so he can get them, and hand feed a worm or to. And always try to keep him eating different things because if you think about it you dont like to eat the same thing everyday!

Back
Top Bottom