cup feeding

Put your cup/feeder just below his basking spot with a treat or two in it. Something that he finds irresistible like a hornworm and he should get the idea. I've gotten to the point now where Lucky goes over to his cup each morning and takes a look. I mix up his feedings from cup, hand and free ranging, so that he's familiar with all three.

You may need smaller crickets, if any food is too big, they will shy away from the challenge.

CHEERS!

Nick

Mealworms are not good staple in a chameleon's diet. They can be used for variety, but nothing else. They have a high ratio of chitin to meat, which is not good for tender chameleon tummies. They can cause impaction. By cut things, do you mean insects that are no longer alive because they have had their head/mandibles cut off?

Hi Jinkins, has your chameleon eaten at all yet? Your last post about him not eating was made a week ago and I'm getting concerned for your little guy! It is not normal for a juvenile to not have an appetite. Can you please post some new pictures of him and his enclosure?

Hi Jinkins, has your chameleon eaten at all yet? Your last post about him not eating was made a week ago and I'm getting concerned for your little guy! It is not normal for a juvenile to not have an appetite. Can you please post some new pictures of him and his enclosure?
He has eaten three crickets the other day and 1 that I know of yesterday

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

What size crickets are you trying to feed her?

edit: also, are you still using the red solo cup? That red colored cup is likely not helping your situation. It is one of the trigger colors for chams.

Last edited:
Good that he ate a few, at least. I second the phoenix worm suggestion. Really healthy, small option

What size crickets are you trying to feed her?

edit: also, are you still using the red solo cup? That red colored cup is likely not helping your situation. It is one of the trigger colors for chams.
Small to medium crickets and I changed the cup to clear

Back
Top Bottom