Cup feeding vs free ranging

I handle all my babies so much that they have absolutely no fear of me! To them I am the one bringing food! They see me, especially my hands and they are ready to eat! Being held, handled and fed by my hands is all they know! Look what @Kristen Wilkins have to say about te baby she got from me last week! Ate right out of her hand mere minutes after her unpacking him!

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/hes-here.155661/
This is absolutely true !!. I've posted some pic in He's here in General . Septiceye is absolutely amazing . Septiceye from day one was not scared or shy hand fed literally min of travel climbed right on my hand and explored . He will be here a week tomorrow and he's out with us more then in his enclosure. He's a handsome little Devil . He's so beyond anything we could have imagined .

And how did you get your cham to cup feed? Mine has only ate out of the cup in his cage one time when I put in hornworms

Just literally move and place your cham next to the feeder cup while there are a lot of bugs in there, even if he/she runs from you they will see then sooner or later.

He cup feeds now but I can't get him to eat from my hand at all.
It takes patience. I have had to stand there for literally 20 minutes with a feeder in hand for one of my chams to take it. He did eventually but man my arm hurt. So, be patient and do it when you have time to wait, and wait, and wait. Find something he really really likes. My ambanja is a Super Worm FREAK. He will come running when he sees one.

It takes patience. I have had to stand there for literally 20 minutes with a feeder in hand for one of my chams to take it. He did eventually but man my arm hurt. So, be patient and do it when you have time to wait, and wait, and wait. Find something he really really likes. My ambanja is a Super Worm FREAK. He will come running when he sees one.
Lol ok I have some hornworms coming in the mail I'll try that this weekend

Back
Top Bottom