Cup feeding for free range!

sweeeet! your cham will love you for it..:D

yess and now its so much easier, I was going to just hang my uvb light and basking light from the ceiling, but now I can just drill some big screws into the side of the wall, and stick the clamp lamp on it so the light hits the free range at an angle, much more simple now.

I was contemplating buying that same bulb for $90 at my local pet store yesterday lol

yess and now its so much easier I was going to just hang my uvb light and basking light from the ceiling but now I can just drill some big screws into the side of the wall and stick the clamp lamp on it so the light hits the free range at an angle, much more simple now.

I was contemplating buying that same bulb for $90 at my local pet store yesterday lol

haha holy ish!!:eek: well thank jebus for chameleonforums!! (and me for beeing cheap and looking for deals all the time..LOL):D

Thats an amazing deal! i definitely wont buy and resell...im not an A-hole lol nor do i have the will to over come my lazyness to actually do that hahah Do you still let them climb to the window in the winter time? Its gotten quite chilly where i am. I feel they wouldnt like that too much. I think I will get a real tree for him to use. the only problem is that I am in college right now so I travel around a bit when I visit parents and grandparents so a tree would be a pain in the butt to bring along lol I guess i can keep his little cage for travel purposes! I really wanna give this free range a try, I feel he would be much much happier and free instead cramped up in a cage. I really appreciate all of the tips and secret supplies :D I cant wait to get started this week on getting all of these things! I love having this cham, so much after school activity to keep me occupied and busy hahah

p.s.- does this seller restock over and over? or is it 10 and done? cause i wanna try to buy like 2 and i dont wanna feel bad if i take out 20% of his stock from you!

Another P.S.- When you put those crickets in the sunny D death trap, how do you keep them fed? or do you let them gut load and them put them in there?

Another P.S.- When you put those crickets in the sunny D death trap, how do you keep them fed? or do you let them gut load and them put them in there?

haha..yeah not sure about the restock stuff, but i have one more link saved up for later, i figured we could all use them the most..as for the sunny-d death trap, lol..i gutload them first but also put some dry gut load as well as a slice of carrot or cucumber, or whatever(i change it every so often just to switch it up):D

I have bug burger I use from the Kammers when they sent me some supplies along with my cham, should i just throw a scoop of that down by the head of the bottle? (since its upside down) I plan on making a death trap today, is there any way you can take a pic of the inside of it so I can see exactly how far down and how far over etc that the coffee holders go?

I have bug burger I use from the Kammers when they sent me some supplies along with my cham, should i just throw a scoop of that down by the head of the bottle? (since its upside down) I plan on making a death trap today, is there any way you can take a pic of the inside of it so I can see exactly how far down and how far over etc that the coffee holders go?

that would be fine, pretty much just give them somthing to occupy them, and they will think less of escape..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEBvjGTFwpk :D

ahhhhhh thanks, that helped a lot! I never even thought about velcro. It looks like there are two cup holders in there? or is it one cut in half? By the way, pretty little fellers ya got there!
.......Off to starbucks!

ahhhhhh thanks, that helped a lot! I never even thought about velcro. It looks like there are two cup holders in there? or is it one cut in half? By the way, pretty little fellers ya got there!
.......Off to starbucks!

i used two holders and cut them so they were kinda straight, then stapled them together....hahaha starbucks, gunna get wired and build a cricket cup i see..LOL:D

gettin buck wild over here :)
Do you have idea how to shut these crickets up? I have a bunch of large crickets in my cricket keeper and they are SO LOUD. I feel like I have been camping in the middle of a forest for the past couple of nights

gettin buck wild over here :)
Do you have idea how to shut these crickets up? I have a bunch of large crickets in my cricket keeper and they are SO LOUD. I feel like I have been camping in the middle of a forest for the past couple of nights

hahaha..well first off you need a good sealed container and use a computer fan for ventillation (instantly you will notice the sound is quite muffled), also its the males that chirp..find them, and feed them off first!!, then see about seeting it up in a closet..mine hardly make any noise, since they are practically sealed in a drawer, but now they are in the closet, i had the best sleep ive had in years!!

I got fed up with them so I put a towel on it and then threw it in the deepest corner of my closet hahaha its gotten a little better now

I still dont feel very confident with doing a total free range. Do you have a drainage system for your setup? I think i may get a small tree and put it on a table and drill some holes in it with a bucket it under or something. it would just get a little expensive

alright. I got my version of a trap goin. They didnt have those giant sunny D bottles so I got a large 1 liter bottle of tea. It was clear so I wrapped it in paper towel and cut out the space over the hole so he doesnt get confused and hurt his tongue. I also got the coffee holders in there, Ill get a picture of it up soon. Next step it a tree. I have a smaller fake tree I can take a test drive with but I will probably wait until I am settled back in at the end of december to try it out. BUT so far so good!

alright. I got my version of a trap goin. They didnt have those giant sunny D bottles so I got a large 1 liter bottle of tea. It was clear so I wrapped it in paper towel and cut out the space over the hole so he doesnt get confused and hurt his tongue. I also got the coffee holders in there, Ill get a picture of it up soon. Next step it a tree. I have a smaller fake tree I can take a test drive with but I will probably wait until I am settled back in at the end of december to try it out. BUT so far so good!

nice!! cant wait to see!:)

edit:..ohh and no drainage yet, but dont have much excess water, it dries before there is a build up, but i plan on making a drainage that way i can make a dripper system on a timer as well as the fogger, and a mistking..

at the moment I only have a dripper and I use a large pump sprayer that I use to spray a good 4-6 times a day until I get a basic mistking. How would you use a fogger?? I thought those were used for small chams in glass cages? shows my inexperience i guess, but i'm learning whenever i can! hahah

also, i've decided to go with a free range 'hybrid' i guess i would call it. i'm getting a 2x2x4 cage that i am gonna leave open and connect it to the hibiscus i will be getting soon with some thick fake vines or even some tubed lighting that i have which would look pretty BA haha
p.s. i put a post up in general, could you give it a look and see if you have any ideas?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/2x2x4-plant-70362/#post655505

also, i've decided to go with a free range 'hybrid' i guess i would call it. i'm getting a 2x2x4 cage that i am gonna leave open and connect it to the hibiscus i will be getting soon with some thick fake vines or even some tubed lighting that i have which would look pretty BA haha
p.s. i put a post up in general, could you give it a look and see if you have any ideas?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/2x2x4-plant-70362/#post655505

fur sure..that should work good!!..also yes, the fogger is totally more of a micro viv set up, but im planning on making and extended tube with an aquarium air pump, to pump the fog to the ceiling above the tree, and have that release a lil fog from time to time..kinda more just visual since they stay hydraited alreadey..:)

yeah some fog trickling down would look pretty awesome lol its gonna be a pain to hook that up it sounds like though hahah

Back
Top Bottom