Cup feeding dubia roaches (Cham not eating)

Panther Shawn

My 5 month old panther Chameleon stops eating his food all the time I don’t know why I try to keep him on a diet of crickets, roaches, and super worms to keep a variety in his diet. It’s so hard to feed him roaches. I try cup feeding him roaches but the roaches always stop moving in the cup and he doesn’t see them. What’s the best type of cup feeder for a ventilated chameleon cage? I just have a basic cup I damn nearly damaged my cage trying to put it on.

Not all chameleons will eat dubias, but have you tried giving him smaller ones?
You should watch ChameleonBreeder's video (Bill Strand) on how to make your own feeding cup.

gl

Same thing with my veiled adolescent. Made the feeding run cup, works well but the little guy won't eat small dubias OR S-worms, either... maybe its lack of movement (compared to the crickets) or lack of appeal. Gonna place them on the screen and/or branches tomorrow and see if that is a game changer.

My 5 month old panther Chameleon stops eating his food all the time I don’t know why I try to keep him on a diet of crickets, roaches, and super worms to keep a variety in his diet. It’s so hard to feed him roaches. I try cup feeding him roaches but the roaches always stop moving in the cup and he doesn’t see them. What’s the best type of cup feeder for a ventilated chameleon cage? I just have a basic cup I damn nearly damaged my cage trying to put it on.

I had problems with that at first.. but if you keep the cup in there for a few days without misting water getting in it.. the chameleon will eventually notice them. I usually put like 6 dubia in a wide shallow Tupperware and it takes him 2 days to find them since they're covered in white from dusting

Not all chameleons will eat dubias, but have you tried giving him smaller ones?
You should watch ChameleonBreeder's video (Bill Strand) on how to make your own feeding cup.

gl

Hi thanks for the reply. That’s so funny I just saw that feeder cup before reading ur comment looks awesome btw the roaches are pretty small size so that can’t be it

I have to hand or tong feed dubias and superworms for my cham to eat them. Funny thing is I think he just wants me to hand feed him cuz he's a lazy asshole prince! It's not about movement for him because I can put a hornworm in and it not move and he's on it like white on rice! I think chams are just picky eaters in captivity. They know they get what they want when they want it and how they want it!

Sometimes when I pour his crickets, red runners etc into his feeder cup, he comes running to it immediately. Sometimes he walk away and hide while I'm still putting his insects into the cup, I did spot him on the cup moments later a few times though. I think he has this "nah I don't feel like eating now leave me alone" kinda mood.

Try put the cup right below next to the cham's favorite branches or vine...put some fast moving feeder in with the slow dubia..so they can notice it quickly there is food in the cup...if they pick the faster feeder one only ,dont rush to replace it, u will need the cham to realize that is the only way to get the food from....the feeder cup!!

Try put the cup right below next to the cham's favorite branches or vine...put some fast moving feeder in with the slow dubia..so they can notice it quickly there is food in the cup...if they pick the faster feeder one only ,dont rush to replace it, u will need the cham to realize that is the only way to get the food from....the feeder cup!!

I think I might try this tomorrow. I haven't had any luck with roaches either, and I've tried SEVEN different kinds. I think I'll try a couple small dubia in with two super worms in his worm dish. The supers might annoy the dubia into moving!

I think I might try this tomorrow. I haven't had any luck with roaches either, and I've tried SEVEN different kinds. I think I'll try a couple small dubia in with two super worms in his worm dish. The supers might annoy the dubia into moving!
Good luck with the result...happy feeding.

I think there's gotta be a medal for # of roach varieties tried ;)

"Its getting dark in there"...honey u got the flash light....plz go ahead n spoon me...."I BE THERE IN A SECOND...DUBIA MAMA..."
20190411_125822.jpg
20190411_125843.jpg

Back
Top Bottom