Cup feeding dubia roaches (Cham not eating)

Can I BRING A FRIEND HONEY??
20190411_131940.jpg

Sure DADDY SPOON...U MIGHT NEED THIS AFTER TOMMROW.....
20190411_132204.jpg

9 MONTH...LATER...

20190411_135905.jpg

CALM DOWN BABIES...PLZ STOP IMITATING YOUR MOTHERS...(babies are all upside down with their feet )

jackson mom is coming to see u monday thru Wednesday....and veiled mom will come take u rest of the weekend...

They're not eating dubia cause you're feeding superworms. Don't offer anything, but roaches for 2 weeks. I'd be surprised if anyone comes in and says their cham is still holding out.
I actually dont know if that's it since I only started with superworms treats recently. I've been trying roaches since I got him in January and he's always been "NO WAY". I'm definitely planning on the tough love thing with roaches when he's a bit older, or do you think it's an ok thing to do with a 5-6 month old panther? What's best?

I actually dont know if that's it since I only started with superworms treats recently. I've been trying roaches since I got him in January and he's always been "NO WAY". I'm definitely planning on the tough love thing with roaches when he's a bit older, or do you think it's an ok thing to do with a 5-6 month old panther? What's best?

Yeah just wait until the cham is older. Around 9 months is a good time to start the tough love.

And also. literally any other feeder he's been getting could have him hooked as well. Not just superworms that are addicting

Yeah just wait until the cham is older. Around 9 months is a good time to start the tough love.

And also. literally any other feeder he's been getting could have him hooked as well. Not just superworms that are addicting

Ah, ok, not sure what he's hooked on. I'm feeding him crickets daily, plus I add in one or two other types of feeders, rotating so every day is a bit different: silkworms, BSFL, BSFs, blue bottle fly larvae, blue bottle flies, superworms (only 1-2 times a week), hornworms (though these are rare since he doesn't seem to like them all that much). He eats all of those, but is a constant "no" on roaches. But I really do want him on roaches as well, so tough love it is at 9 months.

I'll hopefully be adding in grasshoppers and katydids over the summer once I catch some and figure out if I can breed them; if not I might feed wild ones that I catch in grasslands far away from anything (we camp in the middle of no where!) to avoid pesticides and do routine parasite testing like Brody does (there's an awesome chameleon vet in Denver that will do fecal testing). I'm going to add in snails too when he's older, along with stick insects or praying mantids-haven't figured that out yet. Are any moths and butterflies ok? I read some are dangerous.

Ah, ok, not sure what he's hooked on. I'm feeding him crickets daily, plus I add in one or two other types of feeders, rotating so every day is a bit different: silkworms, BSFL, BSFs, blue bottle fly larvae, blue bottle flies, superworms (only 1-2 times a week), hornworms (though these are rare since he doesn't seem to like them all that much). He eats all of those, but is a constant "no" on roaches. But I really do want him on roaches as well, so tough love it is at 9 months.

I'll hopefully be adding in grasshoppers and katydids over the summer once I catch some and figure out if I can breed them; if not I might feed wild ones that I catch in grasslands far away from anything (we camp in the middle of no where!) to avoid pesticides and do routine parasite testing like Brody does (there's an awesome chameleon vet in Denver that will do fecal testing). I'm going to add in snails too when he's older, along with stick insects or praying mantids-haven't figured that out yet. Are any moths and butterflies ok? I read some are dangerous.

Sounds like you have a solid feeder mix. I didn't mean that they're hooked on something like it's bad, but he might much prefer silkworms and crickets over roaches. A lot of chams are raised by breeders without ever getting roaches so that probably affects it a little. I made the switch from crickets to roaches and had to fight with them for a couple weeks until they started eating them willingly.

Sounds like you have a solid feeder mix. I didn't mean that they're hooked on something like it's bad, but he might much prefer silkworms and crickets over roaches. A lot of chams are raised by breeders without ever getting roaches so that probably affects it a little. I made the switch from crickets to roaches and had to fight with them for a couple weeks until they started eating them willingly.

I definitely want him on roaches eventually. I'm OK with crickets, I just like how many different Roach varieties there are, and how they don't jump or make noise but still gut load well like crickets do.

Back
Top Bottom