Crutchfield shot or dead?

Texas Panther Man

Tom Crutchfield's facility was surrounded by swat team in miami dade yesterday. Evidently there was a shooting and someone then barricaded themselves in his home. One person was pronounced dead at the scene. They didnt say if the dead guy was Crutchfield or if he was the one in the home? Either way a totally messed up situation! :eek:

I guess he hasnt cleaned up his act that much. I thought the guy had learned is lesson from the first trip to the BIG HOUSE.

Business partner was the guy holed up and now dead,last I heard. Rumor is crutchfield is the trigger man.

News blurb

The story of the stand-off at a Homestead reptile farm has more twists and turns than a snake slithering through the jungle. Riptide has learned that Bruce Stephenson was found dead after a stand off with police while he had barricaded himself in a home on the premises. Tom Crutchfield, the namesake of the reptile farm and Stephenson's business partner, had been grazed by a bullet after Stephenson fired a gun at him sources say. Stephenson's cause of death has not been released.

The Miami-Dade Police Department's Special Response Team responded to the Tom Crutchfield Reptile Farm at 35000 SW 212th Avenue shortly before noon yesterday after an argument between Crutchfield and Stephenson escalated to gun fire.

According to sources Stephenson grazed Crutchfield with a bullet before barricading himself in a building on the property. Police were unable to talk Stephenson out of the building, and once they entered at around 7 p.m. last night they found Stephenson.

Crutchfield's girlfriend may also have been present during the shooting.

Stephenson's cause of death has not been released, though it may not necessarily be a suicide. The homicide unit is investigating the situation.

While the name of the farm featured Crutchfield's name, Stephenson, a former radiology supervisor, owned the farm and had the license to import reptiles.

there is another post on here yesterday about this I think someone said he is ok and everyone is posting 'glad your ok' and stuff like that on his facebook but Idk who he is or anything just thought I would tell you that :)

I am reading “A Stolen World” right now and the book talks about Tom at length. About his temper, love for guns, fighting, mowing through business partners ECT… This story with fit right in with the rest of the book.

I am reading “A Stolen World” right now and the book talks about Tom at length. About his temper, love for guns, fighting, mowing through business partners ECT… This story with fit right in with the rest of the book.

Just finished the book, I was thinking the same thing.

No he WAS one of if not the largest importer of reptiles in the late 80's and 90's. His business shrunk after he got busted and went to jail.

I think the guy shot and grazed himself to look like a fight when it was murder! Anyone who lives in FLA is a little wacky. To much sun they go stir crazy

People in FL are a little wacky. Everyone owns guns. Everyones two seconds away from rioting. Oh wait im from FL....
Does anybody know if any critters got caught in the cross fire??

Last edited:
I think the guy shot and grazed himself to look like a fight when it was murder! Anyone who lives in FLA is a little wacky. To much sun they go stir crazy

ummm no anyone who chooses to live up north in freezing cold is a little wacky!! :) :) J/K

the whole story is strange there are deff some lies and thats why they are investagating it and not releasing anything! MPO

Back
Top Bottom