Croton plant

GDiggs

Good Morning everyone
Today is the day I get Chamlies plant in her cagebefore I start messing with the plant i just want to make sure I should rinse all the dirt off of the plants roots before placing in the new pot...
I was planning on separating the plant to make it two since it is a little bit large then I was wanting.

Attachments

• ED5B1A6D-66A4-451E-9C87-AC093A459389.jpeg
    ED5B1A6D-66A4-451E-9C87-AC093A459389.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 104
Good Morning everyone
Today is the day I get Chamlies plant in her cagebefore I start messing with the plant i just want to make sure I should rinse all the dirt off of the plants roots before placing in the new pot...
I was planning on separating the plant to make it two since it is a little bit large then I was wanting.

Ya wash the dirt off and give the leaves a good rinse to get off and pesticides that may be on it. You may want to also add some organic soil to the mix to give the plant more nutrients.

This is the only plant i have in there at the momen. How ever with the laying bin and the flower pot, there is not much room on the bottom of her home and she’s still very small for her home
If she fell from the top she could hurt her self
If you check my blog you can see the size of the cage vs her and the items in it

This is the only plant i have in there at the momen. How ever with the laying bin and the flower pot, there is not much room on the bottom of her home and she’s still very small for her home
If she fell from the top she could hurt her self
If you check my blog you can see the size of the cage vs her and the items in it

Right well, if she falls she falls, she shouldn't fall though.

The fact still remains she is an aboreal animal. She isn't going to stay at ground level, you need to make it to where she can go down there, but aside from laying she will rarely go there. She will spend most her time in the top half of the cage.

You need trees on the bottom, not small plants. That Croton is great for like the walls, but she really needs a tree. Like a ficus, a hibiscus a rubber tree.

In regard to being at ground level, she always in different places and she seems to sleep on the lower half of her home, like in th her picture I posted yesterday. I’ve caught her hanging out above and messing around in the dirt: i don’t know if she is looking for for because the crickets might be in there. This has me worried :eek::eek::eek:o_O:(
We will be placing more vines / Ivy in there today.... :coffee: I also bought another hanging plant for the back, working on trying to keep plant alive before I attempt another one. I have multiple sticks and vines in there now i just more cover for her to feel safer...

In regard to being at ground level, she always in different places and she seems to sleep on the lower half of her home, like in th her picture I posted yesterday. I’ve caught her hanging out above and messing around in the dirt: i don’t know if she is looking for for because the crickets might be in there. This has me worried :eek::eek::eek:o_O:(
We will be placing more vines / Ivy in there today.... :coffee: I also bought another hanging plant for the back, working on trying to keep plant alive before I attempt another one. I have multiple sticks and vines in there now i just more cover for her to feel safer...

If she is Messing around in the dirt she may be looking for a place to lay eggs.

If she is Messing around in the dirt she may be looking for a place to lay eggs.
That’s what I am worried of, I know wha are the signs of being egg bound it’s jusy I have only had her four days now.. I’m still trying to gather her personality

Ya sounds like losing for a place to lay.

She will go lower, to sleep, she may be going very low, becuase you don't have a place for her to sleep higher up. There's not enough branches/trees.

You say ivy, is that real ivy or fake?

I personally don't like fake plants especially a bad idea for Veilieds they eat plants, and sometimes even fake ones. If it's real, that English Ivy is poision get it out of there. Get a tree and a pothos, more branches and GTG.

No right now sticking to fake plants and one live plant: my main focus is keeping the plant alive for her home. Once I know I can do that I will move on to other plants.. right now she only seems happy when she is eating or hunting and when there is no more crickets she gets upset and mad. She comes around when food is out, she is well at her limit for 10- 11 small crickets per day, should I keep feeding her ? Right now I’ve been adding them in the morning and in the afternoon to keep her happy.. but i don’t want to over feed her ...

Back
Top Bottom