Crickets

TylerG524

Hello I recently purchased a veiled cham abt a week ago. He has been doing good, his temp during the day is abt 80 degrees f and his basking temp is around 85. But I left a few crickets in his viv and I just so happened to notice that there were 3 of them on him while he was sleeping. Should I be concerned by this?

Cricket can and will bite your chameleon.
Have you heard of a feeder run? Tkchameleons.com has a good one called the shooting gallery, and fullthrottlefeeder.com has a good one too. You can also make a homemade run with like an old washed milk jug. @Gingero has a good video she can link, I bet.
If you use a run then the bugs are contained in one spot, but it still feels like hunting cause they have the space to roam. Also you can count how many feeders your chameleon is actually eating each day.

Thank you ?
Cricket can and will bite your chameleon.
Have you heard of a feeder run? Tkchameleons.com has a good one called the shooting gallery, and fullthrottlefeeder.com has a good one too. You can also make a homemade run with like an old washed milk jug. @Gingero has a good video she can link, I bet.
If you use a run then the bugs are contained in one spot, but it still feels like hunting cause they have the space to roam. Also you can count how many feeders your chameleon is actually eating each day.
I actually ordered one from full throttle, should arrive Wednesday, im really curious how it is. I personally dont like the way shooting gallery looks.

1606223072739.png
I get my feeders custom from a guy (Jim Rykbost) on facebook. You could look into on of those if you like the designs.

I actually ordered one from full throttle, should arrive Wednesday, im really curious how it is. I personally dont like the way shooting gallery looks.
I only use the fullthrottle feeder runs. My baby wouldn't eat out of the shooting gallery. I love these ones.
Just make sure the tiny roaches dont climb behind the mesh part.

Back
Top Bottom