Crickets

xxcham

Hi! so i feed my chameleon lots of different bugs, but i’m also feeding him crickets now because it’s the only one he truly likes so i’m trying to ease him into other bugs by mixing crickets with other bugs. But when i try and pick up the crickets they of course jump away and it takes forever to get them. I’m wondering how you guys pick up/catch your crickets out of the bin to feed them to the chameleon? thanks!

E4E81590-A76D-4D58-A465-DCA0B17A5E5F.jpeg

I catch them long forceps. It is definitely a PITA some times

Personally I have mine in a small container with the crickets, and have another container the same size without the crickets, and so I take of the lid of both containers then quickly put the empty cup on top. then keep them together so the crickets don’t hop away, turn the whole thing horizontally, maybe a little tilted, and tap the crickets in. I’m sure there’s an easier way to do that, but it works best for me atm, so yeah!

I use a cricket keeper pen. It has long tubes that the crickets crawl in and there are caps on it. Yo just pull out the tube put in your bowl or feeding option of choice the tap on the tube or wack it.??

Back
Top Bottom