Crickets

As many as she will take, usually anywhere between 15 and 30 I believe. You will want to cut back on her feeding when she gets older to reduce the amount of eggs she will produce.

Also, a lot of great information can be found on the forums using the search function! If you type in key words like "juvenile feeding" or "female egg laying" into the search bar it will pull up all previous threads that included those topics. It's a really great way to study up and learn about the keeping of your new pet:)

My female is about 7 months old, and today I’m moving to my new apartment and things are hectic. I forgot to go get more crickets yesterday so I only had 8 to feed her this morning (when I usually feed 12). Is this ok? They are gut loaded with veggies.
My other option is getting to the pet store and feeding her non-gutloaded crickets but that wouldn’t be until like 2-3 (which I think is too late since they have to digest). What are your thoughts? This is probably a dumb question but oh well ahah!

Last edited:
If she goes a day without feeding or eats less thats fine. Most people cut back on feeding females anyways to slow egg production--albiet it maybe not that young. You should be fine and make sure you get crickets from a clean reputable place--they can carry some nasty stuff.

Last edited:
So the pet places near me are all out of crickets :( tomorrow I am planning on driving far to the one place that’s getting some today for my girl. But today, I usually feed her at noon, the pet store only has mealworms and wax worms. No super worms. Which should I get and what amount could she have today? Until I get the cricket deal under control...

How long has she been without food? Being cold blooded they burn calories slower. Even though she is young she can prob go a couple days. I don’t think feeding her a couple wax worms will hurt either.
She’s had food every day! But I ended up giving wax worms and now she’s back to the cricket schedule. PHEW! I hate moving and changing my routine! Ahah

Hi again! So I just got cricket crack in the mail! Do I just place it in a feeding dish on its own in the cricket house? And is there a proper way to store the bag so it lasts as long as possible?

Hi again!! So my female is about 10months - 1 year. I feed her every other day, about 8 large crickets. It’s been fine up until last week, I noticed that she eats all except 1 or two, and saves them for the next day (the day we don’t feed her). Is this usual? It’s so strange to me... do I need to be feeding her more?

Hi again!! So my female is about 10months - 1 year. I feed her every other day, about 8 large crickets. It’s been fine up until last week, I noticed that she eats all except 1 or two, and saves them for the next day (the day we don’t feed her). Is this usual? It’s so strange to me... do I need to be feeding her more?

Why would you feed her more if she isn't eating everything as is? Sounds like you can feed her less to me, especially at her age.

Why would you feed her more if she isn't eating everything as is? Sounds like you can feed her less to me, especially at her age.
Okay that makes sense. I was thinking I might need to feed her more if she’s purposely saving some for the next day because she knows she won’t get any. That’s what was going through my head

Back
Top Bottom