Crickets to Superworms (ratio?)

ColeCham333

So my panther while he was young wouldn't eat superworms, but now that he is, I would like to get him eating more of them in his diet. He is almost 8 months old, and His regular feeding schedule is 10-15 crickets every other day, along with 7-10 reptiworms every single day. I want to incorporate the superworms in on the days he doesn't get his crickets, and I am wondering how many superworms you guys suggest I give him on these "in- between" days. Thanks

My Jackson's will only eat a couple a day along with 2-3 large dubia and 5-8 crickets. He seems to get bored with them after the second one.

Beware that chameleons easily get addicted to super worms and feeding them as a staple isn't advisable, as they are nutritionally inferior and harder to digest than the many better feeders out there. I wouldn't offer more than 2 or 3 more often than 2-3 times a week and only after more nutritious feeders have been eaten. If your chameleon starts refusing other feeders, cut out superworms completely, until the chameleon is eating a normal amount of other feeders again and then proceed with caution in the frequency you offer them again. This is not just an old wives tale, as my own veiled went through superworm addiction, even with my careful approach to offering them fairly infrequently.

Beware that chameleons easily get addicted to super worms and feeding them as a staple isn't advisable, as they are nutritionally inferior and harder to digest than the many better feeders out there. I wouldn't offer more than 2 or 3 more often than 2-3 times a week and only after more nutritious feeders have been eaten. If your chameleon starts refusing other feeders, cut out superworms completely, until the chameleon is eating a normal amount of other feeders again and then proceed with caution in the frequency you offer them again. This is not just an old wives tale, as my own veiled went through superworm addiction, even with my careful approach to offering them fairly infrequently.

Sure can relate to this. I no longer offer superworms to my chams. My verrucosus became addicted to them and it took quite a long time to get him back to the better feeders, so never again - just not worth it!!! Obviously every cham is different and some don't have this issue, but like already mentioned, be aware it can easily happen.

Back
Top Bottom