Crickets main staple

Meloman

Besides the occaisonal super, 90% of my panthers diet is crickets. I ordered silks but he ate 2 and then refused to eat them for weeks. Is this ok? Hes healthy and growing, and I supplement very strictly with what is recommended on this site. Its hard to get other feeders besides ordering online.

Besides the occaisonal super, 90% of my panthers diet is crickets. I ordered silks but he ate 2 and then refused to eat them for weeks. Is this ok? Hes healthy and growing, and I supplement very strictly with what is recommended on this site. Its hard to get other feeders besides ordering online.

A lot of people will say variety is better, and trust me, it is.

But what I would do is order a lot of hornworms or roaches and just breed them.

Add Dubias into the rotation if you can. They are fairly cheap to get started and if housed correctly, will be very prolific.

You will also find that they are cleaner and less of a nuisance than the crickets.

The thing to remember is that if you limit the type of food, don't limit the gutload! Make sure to offer the most diverse nutrients possible. It would be beneficial to offer alternatives for the occasional hunger strike or need to medicate with a feeder, but the nutrients are the most important factor in my opinion. :cool:

Just ordered from RoachCafe.com. Anyone have good success from them?

Also, do you dust them like crickets? Can i give them cricket crack and some kale/mustards/carrots/oranges?

THANKS!

Roaches love oranges that I know for certain all the other veggies are fine too XD. But cricket crack should be fine and I hear the Roach Cafe is a good place to order from. Remember to use heat with dubias as they need it to produce at any good rate. Snd yes dust them like crickets. Though they have more protein and calcium they are still considered deficient in these areas compared to other feeders.

Back
Top Bottom