Crickets living with dead crickets safe to feed Cham?

Chewybahama

I got 70 crickets to feed my juvinal veiled chameleon on Monday or Tuesday . I feed about 10 a day. I always wake up and there will be like 10-15 dead each new day. I take the dead out but the process repeats. I keep them in a container with slits in it with an apple slice and a egg carton. Idk why they die so fast and so many of them . My question is, is it okay to pick out the live crickets and feed them to my chameleon even though they were housed with several dead ones... I'm afraid of there being like bacteria on the live ones from the dead ones,idk though..

I got 70 crickets to feed my juvinal veiled chameleon on Monday or Tuesday . I feed about 10 a day. I always wake up and there will be like 10-15 dead each new day. I take the dead out but the process repeats. I keep them in a container with slits in it with an apple slice and a egg carton. Idk why they die so fast and so many of them . My question is, is it okay to pick out the live crickets and feed them to my chameleon even though they were housed with several dead ones... I'm afraid of there being like bacteria on the live ones from the dead ones,idk though..
No definitely do not feed them . Their inexpensive enough to just pick up new ones.

I’ve found cutting a good amount of the lid out then screening works well for ventilation . Are use a tote so there’s not overcrowding . I keep 2 or 3 so I can keep them clean .

Back
Top Bottom