Crickets in cage at night

one thing you might want to consider is that the bottom pvc of your liner is completely flush with the four sides of the cage. Ive had problems in the past with the pvc bowing or not being full sized and giving enough space for feeders, especially crickets, to escape. I like to use tape to cover all of the undersides of the pvc so as to close off any escape. Ive had my vieled for a couple of years now and I only free range feed him a couple of dozen at a time and while he doesnt eat them all at once, he does manage to pick off the ones he didnt get at first over time and Ive never had any problems with potential cricket injuries on my cham. I also mix up his feedings with wax, silks and hornworms from time to time. thats my 2 cents.

I didnt even think about the pvc being a place where they can hide or escape. Will check that out today and see what I can find.

Oh.... Why turned over pots?

Over turned pots are to raise my smaller plants to the top of the cage until they grow a bit more.

Generally worms should be kept in a cup, it's just better to keep them contained than to let them damage your cage or escape all together from the cage. Now the caterpillars would be ok, like the Silkworms and Hornworms, and maybe the Dubia/Discoid Nymphs, but grubs and worms I'd keep contained with a plastic cup.

Back
Top Bottom